🐈
» Forums » Support » I can't verify my ID
Page options
35c60370
Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030

Hi AJ,
Thank you for your response. Could you provide me with an estimated time frame for when an agent will be able to contact me? I am still awaiting contact from someone.
Thank You 

6dc8b154
Community Member

Hello Arjay, I was requested to verify my identity yet again and it's taking more than 3 days. I am getting answers from different moderators every time I send an update on the support ticket with this message: 

Hi Nelson, 

Thank you for contacting the Upwork Trust and Safety Team

We wanted to let you know that we have received your request and are currently looking into this for you. Please feel free to update this request at any time with any additional information that you feel would be useful.

If you do not get a response after 24-48 hours, please feel free to follow up with us.

Thank you!

dar_ann
Community Member

Hi, 

I experience the same issue. I've been using my Upwork account for more than 2 years. I remember I uploaded my government ID's before but right now I can't see any "IDENTIFICATION VERIFIED" tab or option on my end. How do I check if I'm verified If I don't have this option?

Please check the attached photo.

Hi Darell Ann,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please be reminded that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
46cf674c
Community Member

Hi Arjay, I'm also having a problem with account verification, although it involves account suspension due to having multiple accounts on Upwork.

I was provided a unique link to verify my account again. Asked to share my National Identification Card details and photo, and a supportive document like bank statement.

I submitted those as requested, and my bank statement does have the details required, but they are still saying that they can't find my address on the statement.

I have attached the same document for you (or anyone else) to review and advice.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Look at the information at the bottom of the document and tell me what you see. Isn't that supposed to be the proof of my location (or address)?

Please help me resolve this issue if you can.

Thank you,

Lydia

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm afraid I had to edit your post since the document you shared contained personal information that shouldn't be in the Community. That said, I can see that you also recently followed up with the team assisting you with the verification process. Remember that support requests are responded to in the order they are received, so kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

My Upwork account was suspended due to having multiple accounts.

So now am required to go through another identity verification to confirm that am the only person who's using my account. And Upwork's requirements for completing this process are my National ID and a bank statement with my some must-have details on it.

I provided all these requirements but am still told that my statement can't be accepted because it doesn't show my address on it.

My physical address is Nairobi. And it's tje same address I've used on my Upwork account. The same address on my bank statement (see the attached document to confirm this). It looks to me that no one wants to help which is why they are doing this to me. I had forgotten my logins to this particular Upwork account after not using it for a long time.

And then when it was time to start freelancing again, I scratched my head for the login details but I couldn't find them. And because I urgently needed some money to send my son back to school, I decided that I'll just create a new account and bid on a project. And I was lucky to get one and completed successfully. But that's on my other suspended account. For 2 months now I can't withdraw the money I earned fairly.

And all my efforts towards completing identity verification seems to be in vain.

I was hoping that I would find someone here who can help me with this case, just in case the people who are supposed to be helping me are no longer willing to help. Please HELP me solve this issue as soon as possible if you can.

Thank you,

Lydia Ondisa.

Hi Liydya,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I can also see that you've been coordinating with the team via email and support tickets to resolve the issue. We suggest you continue doing that through a single key on this page so the team can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
46cf674c
Community Member

Hi again, Arjay,

Thanks for the reply.

Apparently, that's what I've doing, but now am convinced that no one wants to help. That's why I chose to bring this issue to the community's attention, hoping to find real help.

They keep rejecting this statement, saying my address isn't on it. But if you look at it yourself, you'll notice that everything they are asking for is on this document.

And again, am sharing this here because no one from the "TEAM" that is supposed to be helping me, seemed to even care to read my messages. It's like they don't even look at my statement. They just reject it. Just like that.

So now, who's supposed to help me now that you are pointing me back to where it seems like I can't get assisted?

Should I just give up on this and just count my losses and just go?

Because, I earned some $44 on the other account, which is also suspended because of this issue. And fixing this problem looks like the only thing that would help me to at least get my money and apply to more work with one account.

Before you point me to that page again, would you care to look at this document yourself and tell me what's wrong with it?

Thank you

Hi Lydia,

I totally understand how you want this issue with your account resolved. However, please be reminded that we cannot disclose any information or actions being taken on a user's account publicly here in the Community. This is due to privacy and security reasons, and we do hope you understand.

Feel free to update your ticket or respond to the email linked to your case, and the team handling it will surely assist you accordingly. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ed975d37
Community Member

Hi sir,

i created my acoount back in 2022 but till now i do not see the verification. kindly help me to get out from this.

Hi Rehan,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2e7a0a32
Community Member

I need support to verified 

Hi Sumaya,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ac11a723
Community Member

Hi, 
Mr Arjay M, I hope you are doing fine my problem is I was asked to do my government ID verification I submitted the document after the submission and even after more than 48 hours it is still pending and I have not received any update on that as i am new to upwork i really fell frustrated that i could not start my journey here because my account is on hold right now i request you to look at this matter i will be really obligied to here back from you.
I am attaching a screenshot below of the notification which is displayed on top of my profile.
Thank you so much looking forward to get any update on this.

417de168
Community Member

Hi Harshad,

I checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification yet. This process cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ AJ
Upwork
ec775080
Community Member

Hi I have already submitted by ID for verification but up until now I am not yet verified. May I know the status?

Thank  you

ec775080
Community Member

Hi Dear,

Im Having a hard time with my ID verification. I have already submitted the requirements. Can you help me with this?

Thank you

Hi Rona,

Are you referring to getting the Identity Verification badge? It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ AJ
Upwork
hammyliem
Community Member

Hi arjay,

Thank you for your reply. Can I request for a verification? i need a blue checkmark symbol appear next to my name. I believe that the symbol will make a greater chance to get hired in upwork. My account was an old account and just get reinstated 1 month ago. Been trying to find jobs, no one actually hired me. My account has been off for months, And this is quite hard to compete now!

Hi Hammy,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll email you and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork
32cda529
Community Member

my profile is not showing and I am completely 100% updated my profile but sitll not any recived email for“Identity Verified” badge pls help me

Hi Kishan,

Account verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
6a7ec3b1
Community Member

Identity verification page not showing on my dashboard,

Please I need help.

Hi Oghenedoro,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
beef9910
Community Member

Hi!
I am facing the problem of identity verification. I have updated the profile name, but when I try to upload my ID card the name is shown there is not similar to an updated name, so I failed to process the identity verification. any can help me how to resolve this Thanks 

name is not similar the real name is Muhammad Mudasir Irfan, it is updated on the profile but not in the folder of Identity verification I want to change from Musa Muhammad to Muhammad Mudasir Irfan the SS is attached Below

Thanks 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. You can proceed with uploading the documents on the link. Our team will reach out to you if they need additional information about the name inconsistency.

- Pradeep

Upwork
e029d76e
Community Member

I have a pending issue ongoing and it concerns my location verification.

Currently in Budapest but I'm Ghanaian. I provided my Visa but was not accepted.
I wonder if my bank statement and apartment contract would be accepted.

de223207
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I want to get verified with my account, but there is no option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork. Can you help me please??

Hi Achmad,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please be reminded that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
fc031658
Community Member

I have changed my name, i have updated the name, but i want to upload my new CNIC because just because of name i cant add withdrwal method

48e24e72
Community Member

Hello Arjay! I need to verify my account for the job that I will be applying. I still haven't received any email for identity verification. My account was already successfully set up weeks ago. Like 100%. Please advise! I need it ASAP. Thank you!

Hi Floremhil,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll send you an email and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork
842b17bd
Community Member

842b17bd_0-1694429974752.png

i got this error, Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork

f1d28a51
Community Member

I'm from Rawalpindi, pakistan and my name is Waqar Ahmed. I got my first acceptence as a freelancer today and I'm stuck with verification ID because I lost my ID card a few weeks ago and didn't reported it at the time and now that I need it, it's more than 10 working day processing time for a new ID card. I do have a black and white copy of my orignal ID, I have my ID number and every other information including my Orignal birth certification and also B-form if needed. I don't know what to do now as deadline for ID verification is 7 days. Any help would be much appriciated. thank you

Hi Waqar,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulty verifying your ID. However, it looks like your concern has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. Please expect an update from the team on this page with your support ticket within 24-48 hours.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f1d28a51
Community Member

thank you so much

Please how do I submit I request to enable my Identity verification option. Also I can not turn on my availability badge. I need help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths