🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
35c60370
Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030
0b0fc18f
Community Member

When I tried to change it this is what it says in the attachment.  Please kindly help

Thanks so much for your help, awaiting your prompt response

Hi Monsuru,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. Your report has been converted into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0b0fc18f
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your help, I'll be expecting their response.

0b0fc18f
Community Member

Hi, no one gets in touch to me since.

please kindly help

0b0fc18f
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

Please my problem has not been solved by customer as no response from them regarding my request. 

Tomorrow is the deadline for my account verification and I'm still unable to change my profile picture. Please kindly help. 

28fc674d
Community Member

If

622144a4
Community Member

But how much time they took for id verification for a new profile because I have created my profile 7months earlier but still waiting for email to verify my id

622144a4
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

How to know that I become eligible for id verification. Is there any condition of projects to be done or any thing else. Because as unverified id I didn't get any response from clients since October 2022.

... Farooq... 

156615e0
Community Member

My identy option not showing

3b20e66a
Community Member

Hello 

I have already submit my all documents for id Verification 6 days ago but I dont received any response please review my profile and verify my Id.

Hi Danish,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that the team has followed up with you via a support ticket. Feel free to refer to your ticket for more information and next steps.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

How can I change.my verified name? I already completed the verification process and it seems that you captured the name incorrectly. So now i can't withdraw my funds. The.name doesn't match my bank account.

Hi Prisylla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

hello sir

I face the same issue and I can't open my account, please let me help in this regard.

Hi Awais,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I've made on account on upwork but I still not receive any message to verify my account. I don't have any button or links to do that. why?

Could you resolve te issue?

5eb795f5
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

5eb795f5_0-1685611554629.png
I've tried to verify myself three times but failed each time. I did not receive any notification of why it was not accepted. I am using a PhilHealth ID issued by the Philippine goverment. Can you please help me with this?

Many thanks,

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your message. I would like to clarify that we do not accept Philhealth ID from the Philippines to verify your account. I can see that one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket to notify you about the same. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
1f850287
Community Member

hello sir

I uploaded my CNIC but my account name is changed from CNIC now I can't access my account I have already sent a ticket and requested support please let me resolve my problems.

Hi Awais,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1f850287
Community Member

Yeah, I created a support ticket but they will resolve my problems which I did wrongs and I will be able to get my account back. there are only false name problems.

af1404c5
Community Member

i have no idea what should i do more... i sent ID card photo from my desktop first, it failed, so i received link and verified thru mobile app. it is 3rd day, and now i see "We're unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later" I i submitted defacto private GDPR protected data national ID card . So i am loosing trust of your service. The app wanted also selfie triggered by smiling in camera. I did everything as you wanted. S o how should i trust you my data are safe what if you use my data to criminal activity... 

Hi Miroslav,

Access to the information you provide during identity verification is handled by Upwork agents who have passed strict background checks and our secure, third-party vendor’s automated checks. We do not share or sell any of the information you submit to us. After 30 days, the information you submit to verify your identity is deleted.

~ AJ
Upwork

what do you talk about, i sent you 2 high resolution photos of my ID card exactly as you wanted. As i am citizen of European union, so i asked you what can i do more? If you are not able to reply me i want officialy use my GDPR law and ask you to immedietly delete all my private informations you callect about me. If you are not able validate ID of European union citizen then i have no idea why did you expand to european market.

Hi Miroslav,

I can see that one of our team members is already assisting you via a support ticket for the same concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

thank you!

af1404c5_0-1686302109088.png

i have no idea how to follow ticket... i see this after i click on link you sent me... my credentials does nto work with it, i tried email as login and i tried also "User ID" from my contact info page. I will try to wait 48 hours as you said.

Hi Miroslav,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing the Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist. Meanwhile, you can also view and respond to the support ticket via the email notifications sent to the registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

i give up your service, i keep getting useless badges wtf? and i am not able neighter see your replies 😞 bye i did not use worse service

1f850287
Community Member

sir, I have account opening problems as I already ended the ticket to support kindly make sure to solve my problems.

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c0b9de92
Community Member

hello, i'm new to upwork. your link to the identity verification section is not working. gives me an error:

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 18.36.15.png

could you help me? can this be the reason why I am not getting offers at the start?

de223207
Community Member

Hi, I need to verify my account but I didn't have the "Identify Verification" menu. Can you help me please??

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 01.46.53.png

Hi Achmad,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello

I want to change my profile name to match my Bank Account name. I submitted name change request but I am not finding an option to get the name verified by submitting Government id proof in settings.  I am getting page not found error. 

Hi Hima,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ac11a723
Community Member

Hi
Andrea, I have an issue with identity verification which is still pending even after more than four days I already tried to contact Mr. Arjay M but I haven't received any response even after two days my query is still there and nobody is helping me it is frustrating to see other's getting responses and I am just sitting here and can't do anything about it. It's a humble request to please look into this you are responding to everyone I really need help here.
I am attaching screenshots of my previous post and the notification i am getting on my homepage as my account is on hold i can't do anything right now.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your patience. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, 
First of all thank you so much for the response i was eagerly waiting to hear back but the problem is I am still facing the same issue. The notification went away for a while but it is back now and my account is on hold again will you please check it again that why this is happening as this is quite frustating. If there is a need of anything else i can also provide it but please handle this i will be very thanful to you.
I am attaching a screenshot below

Hi Muhammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths