🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: identity Verfication Badge
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Morris S Community Member

Hi, Mercedes,

It is not wholly clear at exactly what stage you are stuck. Did you get confirmation that your documents were uploaded? Under consideration?  Maybe if you can state the last thing you received from Upwork regarding the process - either on screen or by email, someone might be able to suggest something.

All the best.

Mercedes F Community Member

Hi!

I'm new here and I already finished a job. Since this is my first work, I´m
not sure when I´m supposed to get paid. Could you, please, help me with
this?
Amita S Community Member

Hi all,

I just set up my upwork profile and completed verification (received notification, can confirm in settings) despite that I still see the banner that I need to complete my verification. Most importantly, I can't upload or write anything under cover letter section while applying for the job. I wonder if I need to reach out to customer care for support or is it something transient and I can try later.

6aa9268e_0-1714385324095.png

Amita S Community Member

I can't even apply to the same job posting w/o the cover letter. I have enough connects and my account is verified at least per the settings.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Amita,

I'm sorry to hear you cannot submit proposals because you are currently required to complete your verification process, which is still pending.

After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Wilkister A Community Member

Its needed for verification

William T C Community Member

Please send a screenshot of the error and submit to the above Support link.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Wilkister,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Jose R Community Member

Hi

I have tried to verify my ID with a valid national identification and my passport. I live in Colombia, I am Venezuelan. None of the IDs seem to be accepted and there is no explanation or a way to contact regarding ID verification. How do I go about getting support for this?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jose,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with the verification process. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submissions have been rejected because the images of your ID card were not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card, and ensure you are submitting a valid unexpired ID. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Jose R Community Member

Well I would take an appropriate picture if given the chance, but since the whole process is pretty much automatic, how can I make sure the picture that is taken is acceptable.

I would like to note that I made sure I had sufficient lighting, there were no glares, and my whole ID was visible.

Is there a way to manually upload a picture?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jose,

Could you please try uploading the picture of your ID again, ensuring it's unexpired and valid? The team will automatically start a manual review process if there are any issues, and you'll need to allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed. 

You can see this article for more information on the kinds of documents we accept and best practices when submitting them. 

~ Luiggi
Cherry Mae B Community Member

Can anyone help me, I tried several times for my account to be verified - for some reason it won't accept my passport because of glare and now it gave me this - please someone help. And when I reached out for chat support they said that my account was suspended??!

Screen Shot 2024-04-30 at 7.35.17.png

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Cherry Mae,

We checked with our verification team and they've confirmed that the badge has already been added to your profile. You may log into your account and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Oluadeniran B Community Member

Pls I want to do an agent verification for my upwork account because my ID is not getting verified....

Pls help me out support team

Torok R Community Member

I have the same problem, I read on the internet If your account passed 7 days from creating your account goes to an on hold situatian.. 
I need help too for resolve the problem.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Torok,

Thank you for your message. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Oluadeniran,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot or photo copy of your ID card. To complete your verification more efficiently, you can refer to the tips section on this help page.

- Pradeep

Carl John R Community Member

Hello,

I recently completed my profile 100%. My concern is how can i verify my identity to get a badge as I dont have the option of identity verification via settings. I have tried contacting upwork support hence, no resolution provided but to wait for an email notification from the team.

I needed to get one as soon as possible if its possible.  Can someone help me please?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Carl,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Carl John R Community Member

Hello Pradeep,

Thank you for your prompt response. I would like to ask if it is possible to request for Identity Verification Badge? If yes, what are the requirements in order to complete the process.

- Carl

Luiggi R Moderator

No, Carl. Verification can't be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Razafimandimby F Community Member

My national identity card hasn't been approved even though I cropped the photo properly and it's clearly visible. Our Malagasy identity card doesn't display an expiration date, and it has always been like that. Is there another way for my national identity card to be approved?
Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Razafimandimby,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. Also, make sure you submit both the front and back sides of your ID. 

- Pradeep

Shail D Community Member

Hi Team,

I have tried uploading the exact govt. id proofs i.e. initially my Aadhar card then even Driving licence and have taken a good selfie as well still my profile is not getting verified. I am associated with a deemed organization and I am a part of it and also set to work on one of the upcoming projects on my profile but my profile is not getting verified. 

I have also attached my photo as well as My govt. id proof with this request for your verification.

Kindly help me with that even I am ready for the video verification or submission of my documents directly to you. Kindly help me with this as I want to start my work on upwork which is a great platform for various freelancers as well as agencies.

I tried sending an email at **Edited for Community Guidelines** as well as I tried raising a ticket but everytime it shows solved without even solving my issue. I really find it annoying and cant deal with it on an everyday basis.

Need help on an immediate basis so that I can also start mmy project on upwork. Waiting for your soonest response.

Regards,

Shail

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths