🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity & VOIP number
Page options
5cb31f9e
Community Member

Identity & VOIP number

I have another name I go by on the internet. I have had my identity stolen & cost me a lot of money. I'm not comfortable giving out my personal information to be displayed to the world. To be clear I don't have a problem with giving my name to Upwork or someone who has hired me. I understand they need my personal information. My problem is displaying all my personal information on the internet. 

And.... I need another way besides texting my cell phone for verification purposes. I only have a VOIP number. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Roxx,

You can use a nickname that you go by in real life for your account profile name, which is the one that's shown publicly. It doesn't have to match your identity document; you can use the name you're most comfortable with. When it's time to verify your identity, your verified name will be visible only on contracts and invoices. You can get more familiar with those guidelines here

In addition, I noticed that your current profile picture is not a portrait of yourself. Your profile must represent you as an individual, and your photo must be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this article for more information on updating your profile photo.

Lastly, regarding the verification via your phone number, I've escalated your concern via a support ticket for further assistance. One of our agents will be in contact with you soon.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Roxx,

You can use a nickname that you go by in real life for your account profile name, which is the one that's shown publicly. It doesn't have to match your identity document; you can use the name you're most comfortable with. When it's time to verify your identity, your verified name will be visible only on contracts and invoices. You can get more familiar with those guidelines here

In addition, I noticed that your current profile picture is not a portrait of yourself. Your profile must represent you as an individual, and your photo must be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this article for more information on updating your profile photo.

Lastly, regarding the verification via your phone number, I've escalated your concern via a support ticket for further assistance. One of our agents will be in contact with you soon.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5cb31f9e
Community Member

Thanks for the information. My profile picture is meant to be an temporary picture until my profile is active. Thanks for submitting a ticket for me. I appreciate your help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths