🐈
» Forums » Support » Important question about hiring managers and ...
Page options
cchrissy
Community Member

Important question about hiring managers and freelancer

Should the hiring manager ask the freelancer to send a  registration fee before the freelancer can start the job? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Chrisana,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Clients should never request any type of payment from a freelancer. I'll go ahead and forward your report for the team to review and take action as per our processes. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it

Since you're fairly new to the platform, you may want to check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork as well as our Resource Center; where you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. In addition, I'd recommend you visit this helpful post to see the Top Red Flags for Scams.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chillynguyen
Community Member

No. It sounds like a scam job.

It happened to me twice, so because of that I have not gotten a job as yet and scared to try another because I was not comfortable sending a fee. 

LuiggiR

Hi Chrisana,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Clients should never request any type of payment from a freelancer. I'll go ahead and forward your report for the team to review and take action as per our processes. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it

Since you're fairly new to the platform, you may want to check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork as well as our Resource Center; where you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. In addition, I'd recommend you visit this helpful post to see the Top Red Flags for Scams.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cchrissy
Community Member

Thank you,I will. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths