🐈
» Forums » Support » Inquiry Regarding Age Requirements on Upwork
Page options
cb5aa6b4
Community Member

Inquiry Regarding Age Requirements on Upwork

Dear Upwork Community Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Abdurahman, and I am writing to inquire about the age requirements for freelancers on Upwork.

I have a strong interest in pursuing freelance opportunities in Front-End Development, and I have been impressed by the diverse range of projects and clients available on Upwork. However, I am currently under the age of 18 and am aware that there are age restrictions in place.

I am reaching out to ask if there are any exceptions or provisions for individuals like me who are eager to begin their freelance careers on your platform. I am committed to approaching this opportunity responsibly and professionally, and I am prepared to provide any necessary documentation or parental consent if required.

I understand that Upwork values compliance with legal and ethical standards, and I am eager to abide by any guidelines or procedures you may have in place.

Could you please provide me with guidance on whether there might be a way for me to utilize Upwork as a freelancer? I would greatly appreciate any information or assistance you can offer in this regard.

Thank you for your time and attention to my inquiry. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Abdurahman M.

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

18 more is a must. No exceptions, sorry.

NikolaS

Hi Abdurahman,

All Upwork users must be 18 years of age or older. Therefore, if an account owner is younger than 18, due to privacy and legal requirements, their account will be closed and the account information deleted. Once they have reached 18 they are able to sign up for a new account. Unfortunately, they won't be able to revive the account they created when they were underage.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths