🐈
» Forums » Support » Issue with Mid Contract Feedback
Page options
harivijay18
Community Member

Issue with Mid Contract Feedback

Hello Upwork Support,

I am returning to Upwork after some 3 years and started a new fixed-price contract in February. My client released the funds for the last milestone this 1st of April. So, when I checked My Jobs, and there I found a "Feedback" Tab. So, in a hurry, I clicked the get feedback as our job is completed.

I am not aware of this mid-contract feedback before so as my client. It seems they didn't check the mid-contract feedback I requested until the 11th of April when they decided to end the contract finally and leave me final feedback.

So, they were in an assumption that the contract was already ended seeing the option to give feedback to me. They did leave me a nice review but it ended up as a mid-contract review.

(When I checked back with the client I got a reply "I closed the contract, that was the only way to leave you a feedback. ")

I later researched this mid-contract feedback and informed my client and I ended the contract myself and left a final review for my client and also asked the client to leave a final feedback for myself so that both of our reviews will reflect on our jobs.

I didn't receive a reply from my client yet though they checked my message and I don't wish to push them further and I am not sure how to point out to them where they could leave me feedback(since I think this is the first time a freelancer is ending their contract).

So, I would like to see if the Upwork support team can help us out of this situation by changing (the only mid-contract feedback that is received after all the milestones) as a final review.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Please don't bother the client further.

It's not doing any harm as it is and there is "final" feedback on the contract, so there is absolutely no issue whatsoever at all and nothing needs to be rectified.

Hi,

About the Mid contract feedback, it will be shown on my Profile page.

But in Practical, both of our final reviews(the client's mid-contract feedback and my actual final review) will not be shown and are blinded for both of us. In the client's job list "No feedback given" will be displayed for both of us.

Also, I worry this might affect my JSS too?

Hari Vijay S wrote:

But in Practical, both of our final reviews(the client's mid-contract feedback and my actual final review) will not be shown and are blinded for both of us. In the client's job list "No feedback given" will be displayed for both of us.

It's already showing on your profile and yours will show on the client's in due course. There is nothing to worry about. It can just take some time to update.

And no, there is nothing to worry about in terms of the JSS unless the client left poor private feedback for you.

Yeah, Mid contract feedback will show in my profile even if the job is in progress.

But Final Reviews will show only after Ending the contract and both parties need to share a review. ( Here the client is yet to update the Final Review Technically)

Petra R wrote:

It's already showing on your profile and yours will show on the client's in due course. There is nothing to worry about. It can just take some time to update.

Sorry, this one will not happen as the client technically didn't make a final review. They practically did a final review and that ended up being Mid contract feedback I requested some time ago.

If you please go through my Original post again you might get some idea of what I am trying to say or what my actual issue is.

Also, I have attached the Mid job feedback feature article for your reference:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Product-Updates/New-Feature-Mid-Job-Feedback/ba-p/796383

Thanks!

Hari Vijay S wrote:

Yeah, Mid contract feedback will show in my profile even if the job is in progress.

Sorry, this one will not happen as the client technically didn't make a final review.

This is the contract, right? The feedback is showing, both the mid-contract and the final feedback. The client **DID** leave final feedback. It's the 5 stars.

There is no issue.

Do not keep bothering the client with this.

feedback is showing.png

Yeah, this is the contract.  I have stopped asking the client about this issue any further.

Oh, I see. I thought that (5.00 of 1 review) was a consolidated score of all the mid-contract feedback.

In fact, I am checking through all the job listings of any good freelancers with multiple jobs for multiple mid-contract feedbacks. If so, I wouldn't have posted here at first.

Thanks!

Hi Petra,

Thanks for trying to clarify and help me.

I will attach a screenshot of your recent feedbacks as a reference.

petra feedbacks.png

If you see in the actual final reviews you will not find this format ( **** Score of X reviews ) besides the reviews, that is showing in my profile for that particular job. I feel this is a consolidated score of all the mid contract reviews we have received.

I couldn't able to find out any freelancers with mid contract feedback at all(of a completed job) to prove my logic nor in the announcement of this new feature this is addressed (In the announcement post a screenshot of multiple feedbacks inside the feedback Tab is only been showed).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths