๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป ID Verification badge not showing after succe...
Page options
Muhammad A Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the โ€˜Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select โ€˜Sendโ€™. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

742 REPLIES 742
Wai Yan T Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding the verification of my account. I have uploaded both the front and back of my driver's license for verification purposes. However, despite the initial promise of a response within one business day, it has been 72 hours since I submitted my documents, and I have not received any updates on the status of my verification.

Every time I log into my Upwork account, I am prompted to verify again, which has led me to upload my documents for verification a second time. I would appreciate it if you could provide me with an update on the current stage of my verification process and any actions required from my end to expedite this process.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards,

WYTS

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Wai Yan,

We checked with the verification team, and they've confirmed that there was a mismatch between the submitted ID name and the registered name you have on file. The team has also confirmed that they've notified you about this and have required that you submit an ID that matches your name on file. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

Thank you for your prompt response and for checking with the verification team.

I have re-submitted a document today that matches the name I have registered on my account. Could you please confirm if the new document has been received and if any further action is needed from my side to complete the verification process?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Wai Yan

Abdul Jabbar A Community Member

I don't understand why the verification badge doesn't appear automatically after the verification process is completed. I've noticed many freelancers complaining about this issue, and it still persists. The same thing is happening to me.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Abdul,

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information processAlthough it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes.

Once you are required to go through the verification process to obtain the Identity Verified badge, you will be notified. 

~ Luiggi

Hi LuiggiR,

Thank you for your response.

I understand the verification process, but why is it taking so long? My ID was verified on June 6, 2024, and it has been almost a month since then. I have completed all the required steps. How many more days will the team need to verify my identity?

Hello, 

I want to update that I have received my verification badge after completing the verification proces.

Ivygail J Moderator

Thank you for confirming, Abdul. Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~Ivy

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my frustration regarding the repeated requests to submit my driver's license. This is now the fourth time this week that I have been asked to do so, despite having already complied multiple times.

Initially, I submitted my driver's license as requested and was informed to wait for verification within one business day. However, subsequent attempts to verify my identity have been unsuccessful. Each time, the system seems to revert to a previous name associated with a different payment method, which is not mine.

To resolve this, I have taken the following steps:

1. I have removed the payment method associated with the name "Khin Win" and added my PayPal account under my own name in the billing and payment section.

2. Despite these updates, every verification attempt still displays the name "Khin Win" instead of mine, "Wai Yan Thein Swe", as shown on my driver's license.

It appears that my previous submissions are being discarded because they do not match the outdated data associated with the previous payment method. It's important to note that my current paying method is correctly set to my PayPal account, and I expect any submitted documents to match this updated information.

Could you please advise if there are alternative methods for verifying my identity quickly? For instance, is there a form I can fill out or additional documentation I can provide to expedite this process?

Given the urgency of my situation, I kindly request immediate assistance to resolve this issue. Please let me know what further steps I need to take to ensure my identity verification process is successful and my account is fully verified.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your swift response and resolution.

Best regards,

Wai Yan Thein Swe
43199f54

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Wai,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with the account verification process and I apologize for the frustration caused by the repeated requests for your driver's license verification.

Upon reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected due to the name mismatch. I have followed up with the team handling your account and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your prompt response and for looking into my account verification issue.

I understand that there has been a name mismatch causing the rejections. I appreciate your follow-up with the team handling my account.

To expedite the process, I would like to attempt the verification with my driver's license again today. Could you please confirm if I should proceed with submitting it once more?

Looking forward to your guidance on this matter.

Best regards,

Wai Yan Thein Swe

Ahmed A Community Member

Hi, 

my identity verification process is taking some time, a support ticket was opened on last Friday.

So I would like to make some noise, maybe somebody will notice and have a look into this!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmed,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep 

Ali H Community Member

My id is verified there is not option in identity verification section to again verify. All steps of Verification are verified and in green tick. But there is error which pop up that again verify your id. Please fix it as soon as possible am a new freelancer on upwork.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Hey this is me Muhammad amir I am New on Upwork I was sing up through my Gmail account when I sing up after that my name is not the original name it was show as the Gmail account name

After that I change my profile name and then I go iristrection of i" your some activity are on hold please verify identity" and then I have verify my identity since from last 7 days but still I haven't got any reply or response from upwork now what should I do how I can solve this problem and I also contact with upper support team as well but they didn't reply

Talha M Community Member

It seems like you have not completed your verification yet. Click on Get Started and it should take you through the process. Once you submit documents, it will say ' your profile is under review.'

This is the screen shot of my identity verification process

so basically it has been 3 weeks since I completed my KYC but still it says my account is on hold and it will be fixed within 48 Hours

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

Apologies for the delay in reviewing your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

M A R Community Member

I have waited for weeks yet you still have not responded about my 'know your customer' block. For the love of God, can someone, a human being, get back to me ASAP! This has got to be the worst experience ever! I don't have a company. I don't know what your site is doing. I just tried to do some freelance work. And the customer support is terrible. No human responds for weeks. Can someone help! 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi M A,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've notified the team handling your case and they've just shared an update with you via your support ticket

~ Luiggi
Hong L Community Member

Hi, can Community Manager help to update what is a realistic timeline for ID verification? I submitted my document 9 days ago and got a notification that Upwork would get in touch in 1-2 days. I didn't hear back and chatted with support 4 days ago, the agent created a ticket and also said another 1-2 days. I followed up via 'My requests' 2 days ago, silence so far ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Maybe the team is overloaded with ID's but can someone from Upwork please let us know a realistic timeline. All my contracts are paused at the moment and I am unable to plan my work! 

Mykola A Community Member

Upwork wont give a realistic timeline, sorry. Them "working hard and will resolve anyhing within 48". You have no choice, just wait.

You can update your ticket to rush them a little. 

Hong L Community Member

I have updated the ticket and yet to hear back ๐Ÿ˜ž

I'll wait and update y'all again when my ticket is resolved as a data point on Upwork's ticket turnaround time.

Can everyone who successfully verified ID in Jun, Jul 2024 please share your actual timeline for us who are waiting to know? Thank you!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths