🐈
» Forums » Support » Know Your Customer
Page options
d277beaa
Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

560 REPLIES 560
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Please be patient for the review period to be completed and if any additional information are needed our team will reach out to you directly via ticket and email. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, for reaching back fast.
Actually I have already a verified Freelancer account, and I asked my colleague, who followed the same but he didn't receive any such notification.
So that's why I felt curious about it.

Thanks again...

Thanks, Goran, the notification is gone now.

tudorr
Community Member

I get this message 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

Because of know your customer review. It's been 3 months. Can someone verify me already so I can start working?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ranghianu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
anilkukkar20
Community Member

Hi Upwork team 

In past I was same using payment method to withdrawal my money but yesterday when I tried to do this Upwork disabled my payment method and got below message even though my ID and Photo is already verified which I did few days back.

I have couple of earnings amounts which is available so make sure it may not impact because I have earned with my hard work by working day and night 

Here below is the message I got on Upwork as notification, please look into this asap

""""

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."""

Thanks

Anil Kumar

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your message. Please allow 48 hours for the team to complete the KYC review on your account. Feel free to message us if you still continue to see the same message after 48 hours.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

I am facing the issue as well, and unable to solve it. It's two weeks now! and I am hiring, can you advise? 

Best,

Abeer

Hi Abeer,

I've checked your account and did not find any active holds at the moment. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser when you log in? Feel free to reach out if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, Annie for your prompt reply!

The error is still there, my new hire can't accept the job yet. I attached the error message he received.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-10 at 7.27.47 AM (1).jpeg

Hi Abeer,

Thank you for sharing this screenshot. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

One month back, Upwork verified my id and i got badge.

Second thing is, from last 6-7 years since i joined upwork, i am using the same bank account to transer money.

Hope my earnings are safe and i will get those in my bank  ? please confirm because i am worried now even though i spent day and night to earn money on upwork.

and its quite demotivating when i checked my account is on hold without any reason.

Hi Anil,

I understand your concern. Once your KYC is successfully completed, you should be able to withdraw your earnings without any further hassle.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

How is the KYC conducted?, What Information do they use?, What are the factors that make the KYC Process rejected?, What triggers the message?

I'm currently being reviwed and my heart is puming 😂 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Know Your Customer (KYC) exists to ensure a person is whom they say they are and does what they say they are doing.

The review process is handled behind the scenes on an as-needed basis. Occasionally we will reach out directly with requests for ID Verification. Our goal is to simply ensure the identity and information provided by a user are accurate, and that Upwork is being used in the way it is intended.

You can check the article I linked above for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
87cbb279
Community Member

My client account is not working, It says "We are completing a Know Your Customer review" it's been 48 hours till now, please help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rajat, 

We apologize for the delay, as our team had to look into this further. As you are already being assisted through a support ticket, please don't hesitate to post any follow-up questions you may have on the same ticket thread. The team handling your account concern will continue assisting you through the ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
1d7de29d
Community Member

Dear Sir,

Please I am unable to get paid because my account has a message "Some of your services are temporarily on hold"

Please note that I already have my account verified using my official ID

I waitied for two busniess days as required and still nothing chnaged on my account and I didn't have any opened ticket and I am unable to cretae one

Please advice what I have to do to be able to get paid?

Best regards and thanks 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed, 

Could you please check if you are able to withdraw now? If you still get the same notification, please allow 48-hours for the team to review your account. If there's anything needed on your end, the team will reach out to you directly. Otherwise, the review should complete in 48-hours. If after 48-hours you're still getting this notification, let us know here and our team will be happy to help you.

~ Avery
Upwork
7eef35ec
Community Member

Hi,
I'm a member since November 2021 and I've already verified my identification. I don't understand why the services associated with my account have been blocked suddenly because of the KYC. Is there anything I can do about it?
Any help is appreciated.

Hi Saad,

I would like to clarify that Know Your Customer (KYC) is a program developed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury, as part of the U.S. Patriot Act. It exists to ensure a person is who they say they are and does what they say they are doing. Please know that the review process is handled behind the scenes on an as needed basis. You can find more information here.

The process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please let us know and we will connect you with the appropriate team.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7eef35ec
Community Member

Hey Nikola. I believe it's been 48 hours and the hold is still there. Could you help me out?

Hi Saad,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep.

Hello Pradeep, I make a client account and my account is on know your customer review, I was unaware of the requirements to make a client account, I want to close my client account and continue with my freelance account only, can you help me with it?

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for your message. We've escalated your concern via a support ticket and one of our agents will be assisting you soon with this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, 

I must say, this is extremely frustrating and feels wrong. I am unable to withdraw my hard-earned money due to the "know your customer" hold. This is all because I wanted to create a client acount. There has got to be better systems in place than to put a hold on my withdrawal ability. It has been more than 48 hours. There is no way to reach a human regarding such an important matter. I'd appreciate some assistance. 

Thanks

Good morning, 

I attempted to update my bank details nearly two days ago and in a milisecond Upwork refreshed itself and I had this notice on my account that told me some of my services are on hold due to a KYC review. What I don't understand is; Upwork has a copy of my drivers license issued by Missouri. They also have a video verification where I spoke with a Upwork represenative. I should also mention that I am a freelancer not a client. I am also not an agency nor do I ever plan on being apart of one. 

I have two active clients at the moment; one is long term. I have been hesitant to do any work for them due to this hold. I have reached out to support via email to which they responded but have been fairly vague. 

I would like help resolving this issue so that I can continue working for my clients and begin bidding on jobs once again. Also I am on Huges net because I live in the woods. Just because my ISP says I am in Florida doesn't mean I am in Florida. I am in Missouri, and that is something beyond my control. We can't get fiber optics where I am yet, it isn't available. 

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you for your reply, 

I responded to the support ticket but I have not had a response from Upwork today. When I look at the ticket there is no assigned agent. Also I have been instructed to contact support if the KYC review takes more than 48 hours to which it has. 

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?
i have submitted all the legal documents for verification too.
please reply to this as soon as possible.

Hi Vishnu,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

It's been more than 48 hours since the KYC hold has been put on my account. Could someone please guide me about what to do.

Hi Saad,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I'm Ahmed.

I'm facing the same issue and it's taking too long for the know your customer verification. I have submitted my ID card picture too. It keeps on displaying this message 'Some of your services are temporarily on hold.'

Thank you.

-Ahemd

Hi Ahmed,

I would like to clarify that Know Your Customer (KYC) is a program developed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury, as part of the U.S. Patriot Act. It exists to ensure a person is who they say they are and does what they say they are doing. Please know that the review process is handled behind the scenes on an as needed basis. You can find more information here.

The process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please let us know and we will connect you with the appropriate team.

~ Nikola
Upwork
88a26bc4
Community Member

Hi, Nikola S.

Thank you for the response. It's been more than 48 hours since I have been facing this issue and still not resolved. even after submitting the docs. It will be great if you connect me to the appropriate team or so so that I can continue working.

Thannks

-Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

I've followed up with our team on this so that they can look into this as soon as possible. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
88a26bc4
Community Member

Hey! Joanne Marie P.

Thank you I'll let you know if the issue persists. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths