🐈
» Forums » Support » Know Your Customer
Page options
Muhammad A Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

742 REPLIES 742
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Please be patient for the review period to be completed and if any additional information are needed our team will reach out to you directly via ticket and email. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, for reaching back fast.
Actually I have already a verified Freelancer account, and I asked my colleague, who followed the same but he didn't receive any such notification.
So that's why I felt curious about it.

Thanks again...

Thanks, Goran, the notification is gone now.

Khalid N Community Member

HI, I have been having this issue for 3 days and no one is helping me. Pleaase can you take a look?

Ranghianu T Community Member

I get this message 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

Because of know your customer review. It's been 3 months. Can someone verify me already so I can start working?

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Ranghianu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Anil K Community Member

Hi Upwork team 

In past I was same using payment method to withdrawal my money but yesterday when I tried to do this Upwork disabled my payment method and got below message even though my ID and Photo is already verified which I did few days back.

I have couple of earnings amounts which is available so make sure it may not impact because I have earned with my hard work by working day and night 

Here below is the message I got on Upwork as notification, please look into this asap

""""

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."""

Thanks

Anil Kumar

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your message. Please allow 48 hours for the team to complete the KYC review on your account. Feel free to message us if you still continue to see the same message after 48 hours.

Thank you

Pradeep

Abeer Community Member

Hello Pradeep,

I am facing the issue as well, and unable to solve it. It's two weeks now! and I am hiring, can you advise? 

Best,

Abeer

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Abeer,

I've checked your account and did not find any active holds at the moment. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser when you log in? Feel free to reach out if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork
Abeer Community Member

Thanks, Annie for your prompt reply!

The error is still there, my new hire can't accept the job yet. I attached the error message he received.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-10 at 7.27.47 AM (1).jpeg

Hi Abeer,

Thank you for sharing this screenshot. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Anil K Community Member

One month back, Upwork verified my id and i got badge.

Second thing is, from last 6-7 years since i joined upwork, i am using the same bank account to transer money.

Hope my earnings are safe and i will get those in my bank  ? please confirm because i am worried now even though i spent day and night to earn money on upwork.

and its quite demotivating when i checked my account is on hold without any reason.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Anil,

I understand your concern. Once your KYC is successfully completed, you should be able to withdraw your earnings without any further hassle.

Thank you

Pradeep

Muhammad E Community Member

How is the KYC conducted?, What Information do they use?, What are the factors that make the KYC Process rejected?, What triggers the message?

I'm currently being reviwed and my heart is puming 😂 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Know Your Customer (KYC) exists to ensure a person is whom they say they are and does what they say they are doing.

The review process is handled behind the scenes on an as-needed basis. Occasionally we will reach out directly with requests for ID Verification. Our goal is to simply ensure the identity and information provided by a user are accurate, and that Upwork is being used in the way it is intended.

You can check the article I linked above for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
Rajat K Community Member

My client account is not working, It says "We are completing a Know Your Customer review" it's been 48 hours till now, please help

Hi Rajat, 

We apologize for the delay, as our team had to look into this further. As you are already being assisted through a support ticket, please don't hesitate to post any follow-up questions you may have on the same ticket thread. The team handling your account concern will continue assisting you through the ticket. 

~ Avery
Ahmed S Community Member

Dear Sir,

Please I am unable to get paid because my account has a message "Some of your services are temporarily on hold"

Please note that I already have my account verified using my official ID

I waitied for two busniess days as required and still nothing chnaged on my account and I didn't have any opened ticket and I am unable to cretae one

Please advice what I have to do to be able to get paid?

Best regards and thanks 

Hi Ahmed, 

Could you please check if you are able to withdraw now? If you still get the same notification, please allow 48-hours for the team to review your account. If there's anything needed on your end, the team will reach out to you directly. Otherwise, the review should complete in 48-hours. If after 48-hours you're still getting this notification, let us know here and our team will be happy to help you.

~ Avery
Saad K Community Member

Hi,
I'm a member since November 2021 and I've already verified my identification. I don't understand why the services associated with my account have been blocked suddenly because of the KYC. Is there anything I can do about it?
Any help is appreciated.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Saad,

I would like to clarify that Know Your Customer (KYC) is a program developed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury, as part of the U.S. Patriot Act. It exists to ensure a person is who they say they are and does what they say they are doing. Please know that the review process is handled behind the scenes on an as needed basis. You can find more information here.

The process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please let us know and we will connect you with the appropriate team.

~ Nikola
Saad K Community Member

Hey Nikola. I believe it's been 48 hours and the hold is still there. Could you help me out?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Saad,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths