🐈
» Forums » Support » LOST a job for 30$ CAUSE of a bad CLIENT and ...
Page options
imcaptain
Community Member

LOST a job for 30$ CAUSE of a bad CLIENT and i didnt know "WHAT TO DO BUT TO CANCEL IT"

This guy is the WORST client to work with and I don't recommend working with anyone like him.

Before we start the job he asked for a SAMPLE EDITS/ENHANCEMENTS on his image so he chooses the right freelancer to give him the job, I made a PERFECT sample and showed it to him and he liked it and chose me to do the job for him with leaving to me only "2 NOTES" he wants to fix on the rest of photos of projects.

I asked him how many photos should work on this job and he said 10, so WITH THIS AMOUNT OF "10 PHOTOS" and the 2 NOTES I accepted the offer and started the deal. He sent me a file with 17 photos .!!

Then I spent something like a day working with his job of 10 photos and I've even made 3 more photos for him as the NOTIFIES which he told me to do then "UPLOADED ALL RESULTS" and sent the link to him.

THEN THE 2nd day responded with TONS of edits, enhancements never been told to me before I work or didn't mention on the SAMPLE, and even more, photos to do. which am I felt that he is a CHEATING PERSON.

His negative reviews were a CRITICAL something I had to look on at before I send a proposal but I didn't know that he is that bad.!!

I FEEL THAT THE CLIENT CHEATED ON ME AND STOLE MY TIME, EFFORTS, AND MONEY. 

FEELING VERY FRUSTRATED AFTER ALL.

I am telling this because I didn't KNOW WHAT TO DO so I can get my RIGHTS, I've canceled the deal and lost the amount of money that I DESERVE for my work because I don't know what to do to COMPLAIN about a client as i am a beginner on this site.

SO PLZ TELL ME WHAT TO IF THIS HAPPENED TO ME AGAIN.  I FEEL SO BAD  😞

I GUESS ONE OF THE GREATEST MISTAKES IVE DONE THAT I SENT A PROPOSAL TO HIM  "Despite seeing so many bad reviews for this clientt" .. as attached.

5 REPLIES 5
imcaptain
Community Member

Didn't find anything to do or any OPTION on the contract page but to CANCEL the deal.

NO option or place to complain.

PradeepH

Hi Karim,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that Upwork does not recommend freelancers to complete any sample or test work for the client before accepting an Upwork contract as this may lead to possible fraud and nonpayment for the work. Check out the tips in this post to make sure you stay safe and protected while working on Upwork. Also, please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

You know as a beginner it's hard to find a job on this site so I have to make samples to convince the client as my old work is not enough.
But I'll put your words in my mind next time, thanks for the tips links.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Karin:

Don't accept fixed-price jobs.

Hourly only.

Problem solved.

If you don't yet know how to handle fixed-price situations like this, then it means you only do hourly.

Until you have spent more time studying fixed-price. You need to think about this proactively and have a plan for how to handle these situations before you accept fixed-price contracts.

That was the first thing I thought after canceling the contract.
If it was an hourly contract he wouldn't talk and deal with me like this and he will be more careful of asking for any more work 0r blackmailing me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths