🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Legit or Scammer Client?
Page options
8a3509a8
Community Member

Legit or Scammer Client?

I talked with client on his mail which he provided here on Upwork in his job proposal and sent him mail and he wanted a website design so i agreed and we fixed the price of $2500 for a website. Now he sent me a mail and said he prefers to send money by cheque or money order to the representative of mine in USA or any friend or family member. What should i do now? 

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Usman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. Please be aware that Upwork does not allow payments via cheque or money order neither we recommend making payments to clients or other parties. You are required to use Upwork's secure payment system after accepting a contract on Upwork. Furthermore, asking for or sharing direct contact information before the contract is a breach of our Terms of Service.

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS. Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths