🐈
» Forums » Support » Profile visibility
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818

Hi Virginie,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. I took a closer look at your profile and can confirm that it's set back to public as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
85eec3ee
Community Member

Hi Upwork team, my profile visibility has also been changed to private so kindly make it public.

Hi Fahad,

Your profile visibility has been reset. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b5ac5732
Community Member

Hello 

My profile is locked in private. Please help me change it to Public

Thanks.

Hi Collins,

Your profile visibility has been updated.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bebe51d0
Community Member

HELLO THERE,

MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN PRIVATE SINCE LAST WEEK KINDLY BACK IT TO PUBLIC 🙏

Hi Sarina,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
003c6c23
Community Member

Hi

Nikola S

Hope you are doing well.

Please make my profile and change the status  of my profile from private to public

It's a  humble request from you.

Thank You.!

Hi Mazhar,

Your profile visibility has been set to public.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Nikola

My Upwork account got suspended, idk the reason, yes last time, my balance got in negative, due to some card issue but i paid the full amount to upwork, this profile is almost 2-3 years old, i submit appeal and try to contact customer support too and its been more than 72 hours my profile is suspend, i can not buy further connect, Can you please help me out

Hi Afshan,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
starship_studio
Community Member

Hello, I have bid on a lot of projects without earning, I have gone back and forth to Upwork without any luck getting customers, my profile visibility is private, and I cannot change it to public from the menu. Is there anyone who can help me with this? 

Thank you.

Hi Mateo,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you!!!!

ashishnegi012
Community Member

Hi

I am now get my first job but my profile gone is private can anyone help me to make public this

Hi Ashish, 

Your profile visibility has been reset to public as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8b6a0161
Community Member

Hi

I now get my first job but my profile gone is private can anyone help me to make public this

243f43f3
Community Member

Why does my profile automatically change from public to private over and again? Very frustrating for newbies. I am regular bids @upwork

Hi Aneela,

To help keep the marketplace thriving and vibrant for everyone, we occasionally change a profile from public to private. We’ll change your freelance profile from public to private if:

• You’re an established freelancer and don’t earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more 
  • You’re a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days 

This helps boost your visibility when you’re active and reduce the notifications you get when you’re not. It also helps keep results relevant for clients. I have set your profile visibility back to Public now. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! Would you help me setting my profile from private to public, please? This doesn´t help me at all.

Hi Tamara,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than two years, while profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.
~ Joanne
Upwork
saimamunawar
Community Member

my profile has converted into private how to make it public

Hi Saima,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
e13c168b
Community Member

Why does my profile automatically change public to private over and again?

awan-kamran
Community Member

Hi fellow members,

My upwork profile visibility is set on 'Private' and could not change this to Public your inputs are highly appriciated to solve this issue.

My Profile Link:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f359fd3106b6f346

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Kamran

Hello Kamran,

Apologies for the late reply here. I've reset your profile visibility back to public. You can check this help article to learn why it can go private and how you can request for it to be updated in the future.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi R,

My Upwork profile changed to private. Please change it to public that will help me a lot.

Regards

Md. Taufique

32e1c4da
Community Member

I am turning my profile from private to public but it is unable to do it. Automatically it gets vanished ?

Hi Subhash,

Thank you for your message. I checked your profile and noticed that your profile visibility is already set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a6c8f8a8
Community Member

alexgf
Community Member

Go to your Upwork profile and click Profile Settings.

In "My profile" section you can find the Visibility field. There are three options: Public, Only Upwork users and Private.

691086a0
Community Member

Greetings Upwork customer care.

please I need my account to be removed from private to public. Thank you. 

Do you mean this?
(see pictures)

Hi Chinedu,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public.

~ AJ
Upwork
9b20893e
Community Member

Hello,

My Profile Is in Private Mode. I Need to Change It to Public or Only Upwork Users. but It Cannot Be Done.

Thanks

Rudra

c1e7d952
Community Member

my profile private plase help me making it public.

a8bdac0a
Community Member

Greetings to all.

I trust this finds you all well.

Please help:

How do I turn my availability badge on?My status is set to available but I still get this error when I try to turn on availability badge "You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable."

Many thanks

Hi Salman,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
hassoun22
Community Member

Upwork changed my profile to private because i haven't earned in awhile, I am new on upwork, do my best and trying to win, I submited more than 60 proposals in two months but no answer, Its logic that the clients work with old designer , earned designer, top rated and top plus , clinets ignore the new designers even they have good profiels, so its unfair to change profiles to private as long as the designers try and try to win.

I think Upwork have to study this issue to help new designers in keep going ahead.

Thank you

Amer H

Hi Amer,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is set to Public now. I suggest you take a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started. You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. I hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths