🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: FINDING FIRST JOB ON UPWORK
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818

Dear Pradeep H

Thank you alot.

Amer H

3bb167e9
Community Member

Can you tell that how can I set my profile visibility from private to public ?

Hi Boburbek,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
hussain_munawar
Community Member

My profile has changed as private how to make it public,Please guide

Hi Munawar,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You can check out this help article to learn why it can go private.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ibtisam_mahmoo71
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I have an issue on my Upwork profile. Upwork automatically set my profile as private and does not allow me to "on" my available badge to "turn on". Kindly helps me to solve this issue.

Best wishes and regards

Thanks a million

Hi Muhammad,

I took a closer look and it looks like you can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable. I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. You can try turning your Availability Bade on again and it should be working now. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
86c631fc
Community Member

Hi, there. I've had this problem before; I originally set my profile to "public," but due to no earnings in the previous months, it's now set to "private." Now I have applied to a job, but it is still private. Please help me figure out this problem.

Hi Mairaj,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Can I get my profile to public again? I was inactive for a while and it is private now.

- Ermias G.

Hi Ermias,

Thank you for your message. I'm pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is changed to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
engineerrasel
Community Member

my id was made private. got a new job again. according to the rules my id is not published yet. please help me, for public my profile

Hi Md.,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public.

~ AJ
Upwork
4399e9b4
Community Member

I created my UpWork account sometime back and was not very active but now that I am looking for a job to pick and have submitted several proposals, my account still remains Private.

Any suggestion as to how I can get it Public?

Hi Glenn,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks AJ

I created my UpWork account sometime back and was not very active but now that I am looking for a job to pick and have submitted several proposals, my account still remains Private.

Any suggestion as to how I can get it Public?

Hi Shasi,

Thanks for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been updated and it is now public.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks, Luiggi. 

I've already sent a request to set my profile to public and it's status said it was solved. but it is not.
kindly help me set my profile to public.. Thanks

5e5a5625
Community Member

Hello, 
My account is private, please make it publice.
Thank you.

Hi Sameena,

~ AJ
Upwork
573fb486
Community Member

Hi, I'm a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days and mine profile change to private. 

I sent request about change profile visibility by clicking this link.

And it's nothing hepend. My profile still private. Help me pls.

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

My upwork profile was changed to locked private due to my unavailability, now I'm back and I'll like it to be made public again. Please help

Hi SAMSON, 

~ AJ
Upwork
82b535e1
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and my account is set to Private.  Upwork says that I need to apply to jobs (which I have been doing) or complete work to be able to make it Public.  What should I do to get my profile Public? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Peter,

~Andrea
Upwork
d59810cf
Community Member

Hello, Can you help me to change my profile to the public again? It's locked
Please help me to change it to Public again, thank you

Kevin Angelrico Tw

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0187b33ca7c080a7f9

Hi Kevin,

~ AJ
Upwork
workwithzee
Community Member

Hi guys! I mistakenly clicked on a link to reset my profile visibility. I have been sent an email that my profile will be reset in the next four hours. Kindly let me know if this would be an issue, especially because my profile visibility doesn't really need resetting. 

Hi Immaculata,

No worries! Since your profile is currently public the tickets you submitted will most likely just be closed.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks a bunch!

dohat
Community Member

Hi, Pardeep,

My account is private, how can I switch it to public?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Shakil,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility has been set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bkumaar
Community Member

Hi Team,

My profile has been set to locked private. Need help in making it public.

Bharath,

Go to Settings and change from Private to Public. If you can't do that yet, wait several days and try again. You have a new profile and it might be processing. Have a great day!

Hi Bharath,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
buckeyedesign
Community Member

Hello.  
My Upwork has been sleeping for 2 years and I decided to jump back in and provide my services on Upwork. 
I messaged Upwork four days ago and asked them to turn my profile on.  
Upwork informed me that my profile will be visible within 4 hours.  
It's now been 4 days and I've been contacting Upwork daily yet gtting the same message.  
What can I do?
Thank you
Phil

Your profile is visible.

Before offering your services, take a look at some of the Academy courses to see how things work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths