🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

I have a question 
Can I add my personal website link in the about section?
Today I visit a freelancer profile (Minhazul A.) I saw he add his website address

that's why i add my personal web address 
if it's not allowed then please let me know I will remove that 

Thank you

71134db7
Community Member

hi

Hi Tajalla,

Thank you for posting. Feel free to post your query so that the Community members or one of our Moderators can assist you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

my account has been private by upwork.How to solve this problem

Hi Tajalla,

Your profile visibility has been reset.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
emmanuel_olusegu
Community Member

Good day
My account has changeto private, I want it back in PUBLIC 
Thanks 

Hi Sulola,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is changed to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3048cd34
Community Member

hello, 

my profile is in private mode. I need to change it to public or only Upwork users. but it cannot be done. like to know any suggestion for it. 

place see attached screenshot .

thank you public.png

Hi Suriya,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
premas_empire
Community Member

Thank you the support team of Upwork, mine has been resolved 

9b49c54f
Community Member

Hi, I just got my account activated again, but I can't access my profile it keeps saying "This profile is no longer available"

Hi Khaile,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

My profile is now visible, thank you!

lennieanne
Community Member

My profile has been locked for a long time and the switch is greyed out so I can't turn it on. Please assist. 

Hi Lennie Anne,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
virall3
Community Member

Heyy

Do I have to message Upwork Community every next week to again make my profile Public as this is more the 3rd time I am doing again and again.Please I'm enough with this. Make my Profile public Hope you understand !

Thanks!

Hi Viral,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4593acb9
Community Member

Hello there,

My account has gone private again. Kindly assist make public. This request has been pending for a while now. Thank you

nusratshaheen41
Community Member

Hello,

I hope you are doing great.
My account is private please public my account. 

Thank you 

Hi Nusrat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
a498ecf0
Community Member

I requested to reset my profile visibility via the links here in support. I received an email that my visibility hasn’t yet reset within the 4-hour timeframe, and was told to reach out to Help Center. Please help me reset my profile to public, thanks!

Hi Mercedes,

Thank you for reaching out. I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
bffccfc1
Community Member

Hello, my profile's visibility has been changed to unavailable. I tried to request resetting the availability with the given link, but did not receive any email after the intimation of request received. Could you please help me resetting it to available again?

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've already requested for your profile visibility back to Public Status and It looks like it's been completed. I can confirm that your profile is on a Public Status. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

My profile has been set to unavailable, and unfortunately, I am not able to reverse it. Could you please do this for me?

Hi Usman,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
5e5a5625
Community Member

Hello,

My account is private, can please public it.

Thanks in advance

Hi Sameena,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5bb69977
Community Member

Please preview the attched scrrenshot.

How do I make my profile to be "public" or "Only Upwork Users"?

Hi Agape,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep 🙏

4efffeaf
Community Member

Hi

I am suffering from Reset profile from last 1 day , How can I solve it . Give me perfect Solution 

Hi Satram,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5278a1e7
Community Member

Hi,

My profile is set as "locked private" i have just got back into upwork after a 3 mounth absense and want to restart my career on here. Can someone help?

c910d8fb
Community Member

For some reason when I try to put my profile to visible, I get this:

"You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable".  Then I send a support request and nothing gets done and nobody gets back to me.  I really need this sorted.  I wish Upwork would spend the money to get phone support.  This has been going on for weeks. 

Does anyone have a solution other than support through this page?

Hi All,

I tried emailing support but I only get a reply that my visibility will be up in 3-4 hours and this has happened a couple times now.  I signed up last year but never got any work through Upwork.  I am trying again but I feel my proposals aren't getting through as I have a zero percent contact ratio.  When I try to set it to visible, I am not able to.  Any thoughts?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties landing a job. Please note that when your profile is set to private, it is not shown in freelancer search results but clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals. 

I have checked and can confirm that your Profile Visibility is currently on a Public Status. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

I hope this helps. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c910d8fb
Community Member

Thank you Arjay!  I do know how it works however, I was being blocked from putting my status as available.  I tried support several times with no reply but you seem to have fixed the issue.  Best!  Robert

talhayaseen1987
Community Member

Please reset my profile, private to publicly visible to the general public and will show up in search engine results.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths