🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865
87e0b6f0
Community Member

Please I need immediate resolution. My profile has been locked to private. Please resolve immediately. Thank you. 

Hi Nwaolisa,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

I am having the same issue as Nwaolisa. I have been reported this issue twice over the period of last 2 weeks probably. But now I cant report it anymore. Can you please take a look at this one as well?

Thanks 
Amena 

P.S. I am a member of and agency and I apply for jobs in through both of the my agency and my personal profiles. 

Just revisited the support.upwork link and another appication has been submitted to make my profile public. 
Case ID  #36809464

Hi Amena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully set your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you AJ, really appreaciate your help. 

a4ea0d97
Community Member

My Upwork profile is unavailable.

How can I get my Upwork profile available for Clients.

My profile view is nill since 5 months.

Hi Arif,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
aaaaa9d3
Community Member

Hello
I am MD Ekramul Islam from Bangladseh. I start my career on Upwork.
But a Few days ago, I saw my profile is private. I want to public it and my career.

Please give me a suggestion
how can I public it and continue my career?

I am waiting for your support or response and also the solution.
Best Regards

MD EKRAMUL ISLAM

Hi Ekramul,

I checked and it looks like your profile is currently public!

~Andrea
Upwork
ravilodhi2018
Community Member

Hello Team,
My profile is set to Private, kindly help me to make it Public. 
Thanks in advance,
Mayur.

Hi Mayur,

I checked and your profile is set to public already!

~Andrea
Upwork
19546b0d
Community Member

How to my account public?

Your account is already Public view when you are on the seller mod.

Hi Md Fyzur,

Thank you for your message. Your profile is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
349e77ec
Community Member

Hi! My profile still set to private. I made request to support approx 2 week ago, and it show status "solved" but profile still set to private .Have recently completed 1 job and one project ongoing. 

349e77ec_0-1662770430149.png

Thanks in advanced.

Hi Ahanaf,

~Andrea
Upwork
kttchathuranga
Community Member

How can I contact Upwork? Because my Profile Visibility is private. Can not change that.  I have requested to profile be changed from private to public. But no response. 

Hi Tharindu,

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you very much..!

braj76
Community Member

I am new and constantly applying for jobs but my profile is private, so please make it visible to all.  

thanks in advance

Hi Babar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. For future reference, you can request for your profile visibility to be reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dopefahad
Community Member

Hello,

My profile visibility is set to locked. I've applied multiple times to set the visibility to public but it's of no use. I'm unable to invite my non upwork clients that way. Any help?

Hi Fahad,

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals! I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
eb7560f5
Community Member

I saw that my freelancer profile was set to "locked private," so I followed the instructions on the help article and submit a request to have it unlocked.  After doing so, the confirmation page stated that it could take "up to 4 hours."  Eight hours later, it was still set to "locked private," so I attempted to chat in to obtain support, but was only able to open up a ticket.

Now, almost 24 hours since requesting my profile be unlocked, it is still set to "locked private."

If Upwork cannot meet the obligations they set forth, they should remove the language that states it could take "up to 4 hours."  This is a terrible failure in customer service.

I'm prepared to close my Freelancer and Agency accounts and begin a dispute with my credit card company for the most recent subscription charge if this issue is not addressed within the next few hours.

Absolutely unacceptable, Upwork.  Do better.

Hi Will,

We certainly understand your concern and I can also confirm that your request has been forwarded to the appropriate team. We apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. You're all set now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jmrtb
Community Member

I have setup a New Project, But its also approved from Upwork team. But I am gettign below error, Could someone , Please help what exactly is this.

Sorry, you cannot purchase projects in Project Catalog using this account.

Raveesha B wrote:

I have setup a New Project, But its also approved from Upwork team. But I am gettign below error, Could someone , Please help what exactly is this.

Sorry, you cannot purchase projects in Project Catalog using this account.

Because YOU can't. Why would YOU?

I can (purchase from you). Other clients can (purchase from you). But, YOU can't buy your own services, that wouldn't make sense.

In other words - all is good. Don't worry about that message.

jmrtb
Community Member

Thank you.

I have another concern regarding my profile. I cannot switch my account to public. It is always in private mode.

Hi Raveesha,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jmrtb
Community Member

Thank you for your kind cooperation

0f3db8ac
Community Member

Hello,

I am new here and haven't gotten any project/work (since June 2022).

I noticed that my profile is locked to 'Private'. I sent 3 requests for 'reset to public', but nothing happens.

Is this possible? Or this depends whether you get work first?

Thank you. 

Hi Juds,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully set your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you, AJ. 

f87101a6
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem as others here. I tried many times to click Reset Profile Visibility but to no avail. Also, I want to ask where is now my free 10 connects that Upwork is willing to give every month, in order for me to send a proposal to a client. What is left for me now is only 2 connections which are not enough to send a proposal. I hope you could reset my profile visibiity and receiving 10 free connects. Thank you.

Hi Noel,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your timely response and result provuded.

Hi AJ, when I checked my profile this morning, it is still locked to private. Thank you.

Hi Noel,

Your profile visibility is already set to Public now. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cruz-sir_daniel
Community Member

Hi. i have requested several times to reset my profile visibility. I already have earnings now and currently has a client. Please set my profile back to public.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths