🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818

Thanks Luiggi. I'm not sure why this happened though. I hope it stays public. I'm negotiating some jobs but haven't nailed anything quite yet and it would be a shame to see it go private while I'm still active. 

Community Member

Hi there,  My profile was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

6d47e3aa
Community Member

Hey there my account is private please help me to public my account.Thanks!

Hi Atiqa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is set to Public as requested. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork
kim-madatyan
Community Member

Hi) I am having the same issue with my profile, can you help me to set it public again so that I can change my availability badge on? 
Thanks

Hi Kima,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like your profile visibility is already set to public. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Hi there,

My profile was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

kim-madatyan
Community Member

Hi) I am having the same issue with my profile, can you help me to set it public again so that I can change my availability badge on? 
Thanks

Hi Kima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is set to Public as requested. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie))

44e9026a
Community Member

Locked private Profile

Hi, Can you please set my profile to the public?

e4f8956b
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the deactivation of my Upwork account. I understand that my account has been deactivated due to my inactivity in sending proposals and earning on the platform. However, I want to inform you that the reason for my inactivity was due to the EID festival and personal commitments that required my attention.

Now that the festival is over, I am fully focused and ready to resume my work on the Upwork platform. I believe that Upwork provides a great opportunity for freelancers like me to showcase their skills and connect with clients from around the world. I am eager to take advantage of this opportunity and contribute to the success of the platform.

Therefore, I request you kindly reactivate my account so that I can continue my work on Upwork. I assure you that I will be actively sending proposals and completing projects to the best of my abilities.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely,

Muhammad Ibrahim

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I can confirm that your account is still active. I have reset the profile and the visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
91e24d0a
Community Member

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earned until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

Hi Sadia,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am also getting private profile visibility. kindly make it public.

Hi Faraz,

I went ahead and reset your profile visibility. It should now be public. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
655be748
Community Member

Thanks Luiggi...

ac70909f
Community Member

Hello,

I saw my profile is on provate mode although I am continuously bidding on projects and trying to earn some how.
Please bring my profile on public mode.

Thanks

Hi Syed,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
7d64e477
Community Member

Hello ma'am/sir. My badge availability badge is set to private even if i have connects left. Can you please turn it on and set to public? Thank you very much!

Hi Hardie,

I've reset your profile visibility back to public. You should be able to turn your availability badge on now.

~Andrea
Upwork
b84122d7
Community Member

Hi  dear support team!

My profile went private from public for not having enough earning. But recently I have completed my 1st milestone and successfully received the payment. I have also applied to 10 jobs and got  replied from 2 proposals.

So I request you to make my profile public again.

Upwork team has always been responsive and quick in solving my all problems and I'm also pretty sure now that this will also be resolved.

Cheers,

Salman 

Hi Salman,

~ AJ
Upwork
5abf677b
Community Member

Hi, please set my profile visibility to public. I'm now active on this platform. I applied for this a few days ago but haven't gotten any response

saimamunawar
Community Member

my profile visibility has changed into private how to make it public

You have to get hired and make project successful. 

Hi Saima,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Your profile visibility is set to Public as requested. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork
f67d6601
Community Member

Hello

My profile visibility is set "Locked Private". I requested to change that to "Public" but it's been 6 hours and have no response. What can i do now.

Thanks

celgins
Community Member

I can see your profile fine while logged in and logged out, so it appears to be public now.

celgins_0-1683665157669.png

f67d6601
Community Member

Thanks. It's public now.

4593acb9
Community Member

Hi Moderators,

Kindly assist with my profile as it has gone private and i am unable to change it to public from my end.

Counting on your usual support.

Thank you.

Hi Amarachi,

Your profile has been set back to public as requested. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork
f0c5216c
Community Member

Hello team,

I was not active on Upwork for more than 6 months and my account might have been deactivated or gone private not visible to clients publicly.

Could you please help me to make it visible and public for the clients so that I can send jobs to the clients and get contracts easily.

Thanks

I believe I am having a similar issue.

Kaitlyn Klein

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Naveen,

I checked and can confirm that your profile is currently public. I'd also like to clarify that, if your profile was private for inactivity, clients would still be able to see it when you send proposals to their job posts.

~Andrea
Upwork

Sir, there are only two ways.
1) By Buying Premium freelancer service on upwork
But i do not prefer this
2) Second, if you earn some revenue by placing bids or proposals your
account will be instantly public.
Wait and maximize your potential to earn more.
regards:
Mr.Abdul Hannan Salman
4ecc53fd
Community Member

Hello,

I have the erreur you can see below on my profile :

4ecc53fd_0-1683813167222.png

Could you help please ??

As I can see, your profile is set to private.

If you're a new freelancer on Upwork and fail to earn any income within 90 days of submitting your first proposal, or if you opt not to submit a proposal during your initial 90 days, your profile will be set to private. When your profile is set to private, it won't appear in freelancer search results. However, rest assured that clients can still view your profile when you submit proposals.

You can request that your profile visibility by clicking this link found in this help article

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths