🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Private locked
Page options
abubakar1024
Community Member

Locked private Profile

Hi, Can you please set my profile to public? I have recently secured 2 contracts but my profile is still private.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Hafiz,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

754 REPLIES 754
jsinghteck
Community Member

My agency member profile is private locked, please make it public.

Hi jaspreet,

Your team member can update their profile viability from their end as well. If they need any help, you can ask them to reach out to us (Moderators) here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello

There is a new client trying to send me an invitation for a job
But because my account is private cannot do that.
Would you make my account another public if you please?

How can I get my profile returned to "public" - it's set permantly on "private" ?

I can't change it at all. It's locked on Private settings.

Hi Sean Patrick,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to 'public'. For more information, please check out this help article.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

Can you please set my profile back to public? 

I shall very thankful to you.

Thanks!

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is now set to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

my upwork profile has been private,please make it sure to public.

Hi Atiqa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is now set to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Annie Jane B 
my account has been set private please make it public

Hi Farooq,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Dear, Annie Jane B,

My account has been set as private please make it public..

Thanks in Advance...

Hi Anwar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have set your profile visibility to "public." For future reference, you can check your profile visibility on the "Find Work" page. Then on the right-side panel, you will see your profile visibility settings here

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello! My profile has been set to "Private Locked" for a while because I was unavailable. But recently I've been submitting proposals and getting some level of attention. I've been trying to change my profile to "Public" for effectiveness, I have used the assigned link to reset it back to public countless times but all to no avail, my availability status has also been turned off automatically. Please I really need this issue fixed. Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Adebayo,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I was busy with exams due to I couldn't work on Upwork, and my profile goes private. Could you please turn to the public? 

Thank you

Hi Eman,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
220497ff
Community Member

Can you please make my profile public?

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, please make my profile Public. And also I don't know if same happens to Agency profiles I'd like it to be Public again too. Thank you

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Nikola,

My profile is set to locked private, kindly assist

Hi Umair,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you

Upwork
717a18cd
Community Member

Can you please make my profile public?

Hi Firat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
717a18cd
Community Member

Thank you Arjay! Problem solve

Hi my profile has been set to locked private, can you help make it public please ?

Hi Olawale,

I'd like to confirm that your profile visibility has been reset to public. You may log in and check. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
loida_s
Community Member

Hi, 

I signed up upwork since 2020, but only started the real and actual venture in freelance May 2022, sent proposals and get interviewed, then withdrawn since there was mo reply.  Can you please make my profile available please for I am now 100% available for jobs. 

Hi Loida,

We're so excited to have you back! Please note that If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals.

Your profile visibility has been updated. Going forward, if your profile is set to private again, you can use the options listed in this help article to set it back to public. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
loida_s
Community Member

Hi, 

I am understanding that there are terms and condition in profile availability but hoping my situation will get consideration to become public.  

I created an account way back 2020, while still having my full time job in a bpo company and decided to switch into freelance if ever circumstance happen due to pandemic. But they gave up option to work from home, so I continue working with my company. May 2022, they wanting us back to office, and decided to get back to upwork to continue the freelancing business and permanently work from home. 

My concern here, when I get back , update my account , submit proposal, got interview, I can still see my profile is available. But recently showing its no longer available. Please assist

abdullahalfa
Community Member

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning untill now. So, my question is in this state if I applied for jobs do the clients see my application?

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your Upwork profile is reset and visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks!

Hello Pradeep,

I was inactive on upwork for long time now my account is showing private. Can you please help me to set it back to visible.

Thanks in advance

Hello Pradeep!

My account is private please get it back to the public.

Hi Kamran,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Upwork Community:

I am a new freelancer continuously looking for work on Upwork. I have been sending proposals but unfortunately haven't been able to get someone to any contract. 
Unfortunately, my account has been locked private and is not visible to the clients. I want to request to please help me make it active and public so that I will work accordingly.

Thank you in advance!

HI Pradeep H,
my account has been set private please make it public,
thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths