🐈
» Forums » Support » Message notification issues
Page options
00137e0a
Community Member

Message notification issues

Hi,

I've been having a lot of message notification issues lately, which have caused me to miss important messages from clients. 

Sometimes I receive message notifications on my phone only (android), but not on the desktop messaging app (windows).

Sometimes it's the other way around: Message notifications arrive only on the desktop messaging app, but not on the phone.

Sometimes, clients message me and I don't receive any notifications at all. 

Please, forward this message to the appropriate technical support team. 

Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10
AndreaG

Hi Rafael,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you please confirm if you've checked your Notification Settings to make sure everything is selected? Also, could you please confirm if you've tried any troubleshooting steps like clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser?

~Andrea
Upwork
00137e0a
Community Member

Hi Andrea.  

Notification Settings are all selected on the messaging apps.

I've also tried all the troubleshooting steps too. 

This happened before, and it was a bug, so I'm assuming it's another one, especially since it's a multi-device and multi-os issue.

Thank you.

Hi Rafael,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi, I am using a redmi note 11 pro and I get delayed notifications from the upwork app. As you can understand, I need to get upwork notifications quickly. Other apps in my phone send notifications instantly. I tried everything. Disabling the battery saver and even keeping the app open all the time. But the app goes to sleep mode after some minutes, even if its open. Can you help?

I am running the latest version by the way. 

Also I would like to have a dark skin for the apps. Both the windows and phone apps. Thank you.

Hi Panos,

I've also shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have the same issue. Notifications are received after 15-30 min. I

Hi Manoj Prasanna,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mnjprsnn
Community Member

This happens to me as well. Looking for a solution soon. 

16b223d8
Community Member

I receive notifications very late on my mobile (Android). The delay is from 10 to 15 minutes, which is much more to reply to the client.

Hi Shahid,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths