🐈
» Forums » Support » Messages is stuck on "checking if the site co...
Page options
celsoppe
Community Member

Messages is stuck on "checking if the site connection is secure"

Hello everyone.

Ever since I updated my desktop freelancer app to the latest version, I've been having a lot of trouble getting Message to launch. It always gets stuck at "checking if the site connection is secure" page.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04

Attached is a screenshot.

celsoppe_0-1663420831657.png

11 REPLIES 11
759e32fa

Hi Nkemtakeh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you

c6c8b2ff
Community Member

Bzb3X07jRu.png

I'm also having the same problem, I need help 

Hi Jesmir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ef30ac43
Community Member

getting the same error:

ef30ac43_1-1667010096823.png

please help..

Hi Princess Almon,

I have requested the help of our team. One of our agents will reach out to you through a support ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
nikkonroy
Community Member

I am getting the same error on my mac with a broadband connection.

NIKKON ROY

Hi Nikkon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ndeverauw
Community Member

Hi I am getting this error too. I logged out my app because my work time is not getting uploaded to Upwork. When I logged in, Im stucked in this. There are still hours that didnt get uploaded for the last week's works. I can't start my work for this week too

UWstuck.jpg

Hi Nicanor,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
atreidesx69
Community Member

I am also experiencing the same issue. I've tried all of the previous suggestions, scanned my desktop for virus/threats (found none), restarted, cleared cookies, and even tried to uninstall/reinstall the app but it is still the same. My internet connection is stable (verified via speedtest) and I'm able to access just about any website. I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths