🐈
» Forums » Support » My Links in Proposals Are Not Clickable
Page options
mathengemaina
Community Member

My Links in Proposals Are Not Clickable

Hello Upwork Community, 

I have recently noticed that every time I include a link in my Upwork Proposal, it is not clickable. While the client can still copy and paste the link into a browser, this is too much of a hassle for someone who is busy and has to check dozens of proposals. 

My question is to the Upwork Team: Can you get this problem fixed so that the links can be clickable? 

I believe every freelancer who uses links in his/her proposals would appreciate a quick solution. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

Issues with links in proposals not working were resolved a while ago so we'll be closing this thread.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
PradeepH

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We have already highlighted this issue to the relevant team for review. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

How long will it take to fix this problem? I have sent out some proposals and the links are still not clickable. 

Hi John,

Your feedback is already shared with the team. While the team can't respond to every comment, please know that we read and appreciate every suggestion that comes our way.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
jedward34
Community Member

I also just noticed this. It's a problem as I cannot now include links to behance, or to my work samples on my website.

Hi Jason,

I would be happy to help. Could you please send us a screenshot of the error from your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi there! I noticed too that my links are not clickable. I wonder, it displays non-clickable links for me, but for clients they are clickable? (I attached screen)

Hi Alex, 

Our team will reach out to you as well and will assist you further with your proposals. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
designrtoimur
Community Member

It's still not working. dear team members, I know you guys are working hard, but if that link is not clickable, then our client's won't be interested to check our portfolio and that's a huge loss for us, do your best, thanks 

Hi Mosaraf,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
khaledelkassar
Community Member

Why is it that when I copy and paste a link (Behance link to show the client a sample of my work) into a proposal, it does not appear as a "clickable" link?

Thanks.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Khaled,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
317bd8e2
Community Member

Hello, 

Links are not working in my proposals either.  I remember the links used to be clickable last year.  

For client job postings, the links are working as expected.   

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, 

J.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jawad,

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan, 

Why are you guys handling this issue like it's affecting a few accounts? 

The problem is affecting every account on Upwork. 

Can you please stop trying to fix specific accounts and work on fixing the problem for everyone on Upwork? 

I am looking forward to a permanent solution. Thank you in advance. 

Hi John,

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused. Our team is working on finding the solution as fast as possible. I shared your concern with our team and they will reach out to you via email to assist you further and provide further clarification. 

Thank you for your understanding,

~ Nikola
Upwork
imehmud
Community Member

I am also noticing the same issue; links in the proposals are not getting clickable. Clients usually don't bother to copy/paste the link. Its a real problem for freelancers.

Hi Irfan,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your report. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
abdullahshahid_
Community Member

Whenever I link my google docs to show clients that I have written relevant articles, they aren't clickable. I have tried using every type of format for pasting the link in my cover letter but it isn't clickable as it should be. I have asked many people and they say that their links are clickable. What is the problem with my account?

I am a client.

Put your portfolio on your profile page.

I don't want to see links in your cover letter. I want to be able to see your portfolio in the regular place.

Hi Abdullah, 

I have merged your post to this master thread. Please know that this is a known bug, and the team is working to resolve this issue. 

Our team will update this thread once the issue is resolved. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dupuisloic
Community Member

Same problem here. Please fix this.

a4d70a73
Community Member

I get the same problem. Please check my account and fix it. Thank you, Support Team

Hi Son,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f60cbb12
Community Member

I get the same problem. My links are not clickable. Please check my account and fix it. Thank you, Support Team

Hi Salman,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sebmorad
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I have been having this issue for a long time now, when I send a proposal, my profile links appear as "Undefined", and my Upwork portfolio (and Behance) links are not clickable when I add them to my cover letters.

I've noticed this had happened to a lot of people on the platform.

Please help us in resolving this issue.

Thanks!

- Sebastian.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

Issues with links in proposals not working were resolved a while ago so we'll be closing this thread.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths