🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: My upwork freelance profile is showing of...
Page options
gul_raiz
Community Member

My upwork freelance profile is showing offline ( the grey DOT )

Hello there guys, hope you all are okay,

As I mentioned the problem in my topic title for some reason my profile is showing offline I don't know why please find the attached screenshot.

Thanks, please help me to resolve this issue.

15 REPLIES 15
ArjayM

Hi Gul,

Thank you for your message. I believe you're referring to the Availability badge. This is an option designed to help you signal to clients that you are ready for new work now and help you take more control over your services.

You can turn the availability badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. As you begin to build a steady stream of work on your terms, you'll find that you can create your ideal work schedule. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile, and will know you’re eager for new work. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
gul_raiz
Community Member

Hi arjay,

Thanks for replying, no i', not reffering to the availability badge I already know the use of it. I'm talking about the little circle under the profile pic right hand side under the profile pic please check the attached screenshot.

Hi Gul,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, thanks for replying.

I already did it but the problem still persist.

Hi Gul,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps did not help. Could you try changing the visibility to Offline and back to Online? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hellp Pradeep,

i did the visibility changes but the problem still persist.

Hi Gul,

I just checked your profile and can confirm that the status is active. Here's what it looks like on my end. Kindly clear your cache and browsing history and log in again to see if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much Annie I'll do what you said in your reply and will report back with results.

I also often encounter such a problem, but I think it's the speed of the Internet + version of the system and browser

Hi. I have a same problem. I have logged in from mobile browser and still showing grey dot. As well as mobile App. Browser and app both showing grey dot. Means offline. I have several submited jobs and clients see I'm offline. It's not good impression. So please resolve m issue asap. Thanks

Hi Arsalan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

~ AJ
Upwork

My upwork app freelance profile is showing offline ( the grey DOT ) and I can't switch to online on the app please what's happening?

Hi Fatoki,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser?

If the issue persists pleas share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b2ca1ca3
Community Member

I'm not talking about the Upwork website I'm talking about the Upwork talent app. 

Why can I switch to online on the Upwork talent app?

Hi Fatoki,

Thank you for clarifying your concern. Please note that the option to set your profile (Online/Offline) visibility is not an option with the Mobile App. Currently, the apps will show as online only if the Messages page is opened. I assure you that we'll continue sharing your feedback and concerns with the team and providing updates to the Community about their initiatives regarding this feature.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths