🐈
» Forums » Support » NGN VAT
Page options
ganiuofficial
Community Member

NGN VAT

Hello moderators and community members,

I can't seem to understand why I have to pay for VAT as a Nigerian after including my VAT ID. Can anyone please explain a bit more?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. But let me explain something a bit. Let's say I just finished a contract of $10, the 10% Upwork fee is $10 which leaves me with $90. Now, Upwork will deduct VAT of 7.5% of the $10 which will be $0.75, this $0.75 is deducted from my remaining $90 so in total Upwork has deducted $10.75 which now leaves me with $89.25 as take-home. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Upwork won't pay your VAT. It is information collected within legal rules. You must take care about any taxes yourself and pay it additionaly within your country rules.

But Upwork deducted $0.75 for VAT on my first earning, then $0.74 on my latest earning.

Upwork take fee from your earning. This VAT from this fee, not from whole contract.

Thank you. But let me explain something a bit. Let's say I just finished a contract of $10, the 10% Upwork fee is $10 which leaves me with $90. Now, Upwork will deduct VAT of 7.5% of the $10 which will be $0.75, this $0.75 is deducted from my remaining $90 so in total Upwork has deducted $10.75 which now leaves me with $89.25 as take-home. 

It is correct.

Also you must pay 7.5% from your $89.25 if required by your goverment. You doing that yourself.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths