🐈
» Forums » Support » New to Upwork - pls help to understand 1) pay...
Page options
293e2c53
Community Member

New to Upwork - pls help to understand 1) payments 2) nature of contract

Hi community, 

I am new here in UpWork so wanted to understand the following: 

1) Received a proposal offer but not sure do we take the payment in advance or after? Do we take an advance payment or only after the work is completed? 

2) I am an Indian resident so how the payment work? Do we link it to our banks directly? 

Please guide or I am available on whatsapp too. Those who wish to connect thru whatsapp can message me here and I will share my number directly. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Attrika,

You can go to the Get Paid section of your setting to see what other options are available to you. Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PradeepH

Hi Attrika,

Congratulations on receiving an offer! It depends on the type of contract you accept. If you accept an Hourly contract, you will need to log hours using the Upwork Desktop App and your earnings will be automatically processed as per the weekly billing cycle.

In the case of a Fixed Price contract, payment will be based on the milestones as per your agreement with the client. Your client places funds into escrow when they set up a milestone. When you submit a milestone deliverable, your client is able to review your work and direct us to release payment. 

To receive your earnings, you will need to add your payment methods. You can refer to this help page to check the best suitable payment method for you.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep. I did follow the steps you have mentioned in your post. Considering I don't use the payment options (Paypal etc), I don't know how else the client can pay me. 

Can a quick call be arranged on Monday Oct 9 if i may have follow up questions?.

Thanks 

Hi Attrika,

You can go to the Get Paid section of your setting to see what other options are available to you. Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thats exactly what I needed. Thank you. 

Hello, 

My client had raised the milestone & even put the funds in escrow. Considering I am done with the deliverable, how do we go about it? Do we wait for them to pay us upfront & then receive the deliverable or do we submit the deliverable and then get paid? 

Secondly, this offer can via message so I dont have any record in work history as such other than the messages. 

Look forward to your response. 

Hi Attrika,

For Fixed-Price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link next to the funded milestone on the contract details page to share work with their clients and, at the exact moment, request payment. Once you submit work and request payment, the client will have 14 days to review it and approve or ask for changes. If they take no action in 14 days, the funds in Escrow will be released to you. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection here

~ Nikola
Upwork
293e2c53
Community Member

Thanks. However this offer came to me via message so it is not officially recorded in the contract details as such, if I have understood it correctly. 

maru_pooja
Community Member

Hello Attrika, Very right question you have posted right here, there are many scales that you need to check before making the payment, first, you need to check the contractor's history and review, if the selected contractor has good reviews and the client has satisfied with their work in past then you can initiate the payment not all payment but you can pay him payment through milestones, its depend on you how many milestones you want, and you can send your contractor 1st milestone as a upfront amount so that your contractor can start the work. 

apart from that, upwork has also a policy if you are not satisfied with your freelancer's work then you can contact Upwork support which will help you to refund your money.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths