🐈
» Forums » Support » Not sure when I'm getting paid?
Page options
74b4f40f
Community Member

Not sure when I'm getting paid?

Hello, I'm new to Upwork and just completed my second-ever contract. My client says that money was debited from his account (on Monday), meaning that it's currently in the hands of Upwork. From what I understand, I'm supposed to be paid on Wednesday, but I still haven't received anything.

Attached is a screenshot of info I found regarding my commission, the mouse-over text of "in review" mentioning that my client needs to review my work diary, which I'm fairly certain he did. What's missing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Joel,

I would be happy to help. Please know that for hourly contracts, except those that use Upwork Payroll, the billing period begins on Monday and ends on the following Sunday. Your funds become available 10 days later. When working hourly contracts, we automatically invoice all time that you log in the Work Diary to the client. The invoicing schedule is as follows:

• Week 1 — You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary
  • Week 2 — Your clients receive their invoices on Monday and are given until Friday to review the work
  • Week 3 — Your earnings become available on the following Wednesday

egaruth_0-1657730571179.png

You can find more information in this help article. Feel free to also check this page for more information on getting paid for Hourly Contracts. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Joel,

I would be happy to help. Please know that for hourly contracts, except those that use Upwork Payroll, the billing period begins on Monday and ends on the following Sunday. Your funds become available 10 days later. When working hourly contracts, we automatically invoice all time that you log in the Work Diary to the client. The invoicing schedule is as follows:

• Week 1 — You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary
  • Week 2 — Your clients receive their invoices on Monday and are given until Friday to review the work
  • Week 3 — Your earnings become available on the following Wednesday

egaruth_0-1657730571179.png

You can find more information in this help article. Feel free to also check this page for more information on getting paid for Hourly Contracts. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths