🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment Method Inactive !
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

796 REPLIES 796
5539ba94
Community Member

Hello. How can I solve the problem with a name mismatch when adding a paypal payment method. The fact is that in your system I cannot specify the name in Cyrillic, and in the Paypal system, according to the documents, the name and surname are written in Cyrillic in Ukrainian.

For example: Valeriy Pyanov is indicated on upwork, Валерій П'янов is indicated on paypal

How can I solve this problem?

Hi Valeriy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not see a name mismatch notification on your profile.

It looks like you need to add tax information first. In order to withdraw earnings, please complete a W8BEN Foreign Status Certification. If you are a U.S. taxpayer living outside of the United States, please complete a W9 FormYou can find more information here.  

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b6a8f38c
Community Member

Hello,

My payment method (Direct to local bank) is still inactive. It's been more than 3 working days and I have also completed the tax form as well. Can someone please check and solve the issue

Hi Saif,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
muhammadbaqir39
Community Member

Hi,

I have linked my Payoneer Account to my Upwork account.

It's been more than 2 weeks and it still says inactive. What does that mean?

When it will be active? and When can I transfer the money to my Payoneer Account?

Thanks,

Baqir

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like you still need to provide your information in Settings > Tax Information in order to activate your payment method. You can learn more about this here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,
I am from Pakistan and tax is not applied to me. I am not a US person.
Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that if you are not a U.S. taxpayer you can fill out the W-8BEN form. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings.

For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

To provide Upwork with your Form W-8BEN information

• Go Settings › Tax Information
  • Provide us with your legal name and address

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks

1114ef75
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

Need a help it is my first project that i have completed on the upwork. I have added my Payment method my own bank acocunt and also completed the W-8BEN form however, i am still showing my payment method is inactive. 
The payment metho was added like 4 days ago. I have checked all the solutions but still it canno help in my case. Could you please help me in this. Thank you.

Hi Bilal,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
lazyboynillkabbo
Community Member

Dear Sir, I'm new on Upwork. Recently I've added my local bank account on Upwork. When I was add it it's shows ok. But now it's showing account inactive. One thing my NID and My passport name is MD RAKIBUL HASAN and Mohammed Rakibul Hasan accordingly. 

The problem was raised after adding my passport for verification.  Previously I verified my account by using my NID.

Now , every time I want to add my wise account it's showing my beneficiary name not matched. But  my wise account name and my Upwork profile name is same. 

Please help me , how can I fix this.

Hi Mohammad,

It looks like you've already added your payment method and need to fill out the W8-BEN form in order to activate it. To provide Upwork with your Form W-8BEN information you can go to Settings > Tax Information.

~Andrea
Upwork
2c5e417a
Community Member

three days ago i setup my payment method to bank account, already setup tax information, today my payment method stills inactive. what can be happening?

Hi JORGE,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ibadullah72
Community Member

My payment method is not activated
Please Help

Hello, I added my payment method 3 days ago (11 May). I think it's been 3 days today (14 May). Now how can I know whether my payment method is activated or not? and when I can withdraw my available balance?

Hi Ibaad,

Thank you for your message. For security reasons, after you add a new payment method, you must wait 3 days to use it. Please extend your patience for the next 24 hours for your payment method to be active then you can withdraw your funds.  Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
619c7697
Community Member

I have added my local bank account details a week ago, but it's still inactive, My bank account and Upwork profile title are same, but still, it's not been activated yet, I would really appreciate it if you can help me verify (activate) my payment method for receiving payments to my local bank account.

Hi Mahvash,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

To provide Upwork with your Form W-8BEN information

Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
619c7697
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for the information, I live in the UK (United Kingdom) and the UK government does not issue W-8BEN and we don't have any W9 form issued to locals. I need further assistance to resolve the payment issues.

Regards,

Mahvash.

Hi Mahvash, 

Thank you for your response and I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
marif2011
Community Member

Please Help.
Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account

Hello everyone,  I tried to withdraw money from the account. But when I click get paid and choose a payment method. I have received an error message in the BIG RED frame. That " Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact customer support
I tried to contact customer support but only Read articles.

Hi Mohammad,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your payment method. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1a084429
Community Member

My organization requires a W-9 from Upwork to use for tax purposes. Does anybody know how I can get a hold of this document?

Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll have one of our team members will reach out to you with the W-9 form and assist you if you have concerns. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
289e0485
Community Member

Hello please . I am unable to withdraw earnings .. when I try to click on get paid .. it shows a grey button but nothing happens it's Unclickable .. please any help ?

Hello please .. the get paid now button won't click.. it's showing gray color 

Hello please .. the get paid now button won't click .. it's not clickable only a Grey color on it .. please what's wrong ?

Hi Amoyefa,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you just added a new payment method to your account. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days. Remember that the name on your Payoneer account must match your verified name on Upwork. Please check out this helpful article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
289e0485
Community Member

Also please what happens in a case where by
My name was not arranged as it was on upwork as it is on my bank . What can
I do ?

Hi Awoyefa,

In name mismatch cases, the team reviews the payment method in 48 hours and either approves or asks the user directly for more information.

~Andrea
Upwork
4a554b87
Community Member

I have uploaded my National ID and Bank statement but still you are rejecting my ID.

Being an african definately picture will appear dark. I dont have any other National ID and what governemt gave me.

Please accent my ID and verify payment and account.

Thank you 

Hi Jedida,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
edf5913d
Community Member

Dear Sir,

Firstly My information was not correct. then I have updated and saved it. Now the payment methond is showing inactive for some days. Requesting for your further review.

Regards

Freelancer

Shaikh Tojibul Islam

Hi Shaikh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked your account and it looks like the ID you've submitted has been reviewed and approved. However, for record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. You will only need to provide your legal name and address on the W-8BEN form, and once you have filed it, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

You can submit your Form W-8BEN by going to Settings > Tax Information. Click the pencil icon next to W-8BEN, fill in your information and Save, that's it! I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
alihamza05
Community Member

its being a long since i have added my paymeny method update again and again but still it is inactive kindly help

Hi Ali,

I can see that you've reached out to the team handling your concern. A support ticket has been created and I suggest you continue communicating with the team through that ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and understanding while we address your concern. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
junaid_creater
Community Member

Hi, I just initiated a withdrawl from upwork and this message pops up!.

"Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account."

Now why is this message appearing as I am withdrawing my funds. There are NO holds, restrictions, or any other issues with my account neither any request is opened. 

I have to withdraw my hard earned money urgent.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've reached out to our team with the same concern. A support ticket has been created and I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Till now there isn't any response to the support ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Muhammad

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths