🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Mode Still Inactive
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

796 REPLIES 796
muhammadsajid2
Community Member

Help me I am trying to Withdraw money and it keeps saying

"Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support ."

Thanks in advance

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've raised a ticket regarding your concern. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update here once done. Feel free to coordinate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2ffb518f
Community Member

Hi,

I have properly setup payment method of Direct to Local Bank (PKR) but its show Inactive even after 5days have been passed.

How to activate this?

Hi Shoaib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
aba6c5f6
Community Member

I don't understand what the problem is. I waited 3 days for my payment method to active but now it says inactive and there is no reason given. My W-8BEN form has been completed and I checked my bank account details, so what is the problem?

Normally you should find a confirmation or rejection message from Upwork in your email associated with account.

In the message you will find the reasons.

Please check your message.

If you certainly did not receive the email please contact :

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

f7f23f0b
Community Member

I need my name discrepancy to be resolved. My verified name on Upwork includes my first and last name, while my bank account name includes my first name, middle name, and last name. Whenever I try to withdraw my balance, I am prompted by a name mismatch. I've contacted support already and it's been more than 24 hours but nobody's taking action. Please help.

Hi Yves,

I checked and it doesn't look like there is a name mismatch currently on your payment method. Please keep in mind that all payment methods take 3 days to become active, for security reasons.

~Andrea
Upwork
094602d1
Community Member

Hi... Please Am NEw to upwork, I have a client outside upwork and I ask her to pay me Via Direct contract on upwork, Suddenly I received fund of $500 then upwork suspended my Account, they ask me to verify my Identity and i have done so with facial ID as well, It says it is Approved and am unable to withdraw it now, it says I should contact Support, is there any help regarding this Please.... Thanks 

Hi Olaniyi,

Please know that all payment methods become available after 3 days for security reasons. You'll be able to withdraw your funds after those 3 days have passed.

~Andrea
Upwork
kham7774710
Community Member

Please help!

I am blocked from getting paid. A client had been suspended that I worked for but he has been released and I received an email stating my account was ok again but when I tried to get paid it says it's blocked.

I have reached out so many times to support with no reply or no help. 

Please help!

try to chat with the upwork support here https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

You will see "Get Support" on the bottom of the page. hope this help.

Screenshot.png

Same here. I completed a job. Funds were released, days later (more than 10 days after the job) Upwork is reversing payment because they say the client reversed with their bank. I contacted the client he says no, end result Upwork support was no help and I worked for free AGAIN. What exactly does it mean when Upwork says, "Payment Verified" for a client? 

It means that the client verified his card with a tiny amount. Could have been his own card, could have been stolen. If the client tells you he didn't do a chargeback, he is not telling you the truth. 

Hi Krista,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

It's kind of hard being patient when you did nothing wrong and having your money held. This has been going on for days now. I've allowed the 24-48 hours but have heard nothing and still cannot get access to my money. 

c25ae670
Community Member

I did my last withdrawal in August. But today when i tried to withdraw amount, it is continuously showing that my withdrawals are restricted (image attached). I don't even know why it is happening. I didn't even get any email regarding this issue and the support system is of no use for me. Please help me resolve this issue.

Hi Ali,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties withdrawing funds to your account. I can see that you've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. We highly suggest you coordinate with the same team through the same ticket or the email notification that's been sent to you about the issue. The team will surely review and assist you accordingly and more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c25ae670
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thankyou for your quick response. But i didn't received any email or notification regarding withdrawal restrictions. Can you please tell me atleast, why my account is restricted?

Hi Ali,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like you followed up with our team on your ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c25ae670
Community Member

Sure. Thankyou 

divine-michaels
Community Member

Hello any one that can help out, I'm quite confused as I'm new still new to Upwork. I happened to open my account a long time ago, but I got frustrated when I couldn't get a job, at that time I travelled to finish my education and returned. Recently I learnt some tips on Upwork and I was able to land two promising jobs, but as a newbie I'm confused on so many things; like why my payment method hasn't been accepted and also I read from an Upwork tip that I would be asked to verify after my first job, but I got two but still nothing. Also I've returned back to my country, do I need to change my location back, hope I won't be breaking Upwork rules. Please kindly help, I don't really know my way around Upwork.

Hi Divine,

I have checked the status of the payment method on your account and it looks like you still need to file If you’re not a Form W-8BEN. Please note that you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN if you're not a U.S Taxpayer. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears on your passport or other official documents.

Generally, your profile location should match your physical location. But we understand that sometimes, you may be residing in one country with an ID from another country. If this is the case, we’ll introduce the third step to verify your location. Feel free to check this help article for more details on how the procedures work for Location Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1cdc5496
Community Member

I verified my payment method (Direct to US Bank (ACH)) three days ago (two small sums method) and filled in my tax information. My payment method status is still inactive, and I cannot figure out why. If someone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Karim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
1cdc5496
Community Member

Thanks Andrea.

3717cb44
Community Member

Payment method inactive

Hi Rabab,

I have checked the status of the payment method on your account and it looks like you still need to file If you’re not a Form W-8BEN. Please note that you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN if you're not a U.S Taxpayer. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears on your passport or other official documents.

Since you're a freelancer, your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.) Feel free to check this help article for more details on how to choose a good profile picture.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0c655c50
Community Member

Hi,

I set up my payment mode a few weeks ago and completed all the necessary steps including tax information, but it's still inactive. How can this be resolved?

Hi Nur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi I'm new on Upwork. I signed up for instant pay. I tried to get my pay yesterday, and recieved an email that Upwork had been unable to process this, and that my visa had been disabled. I understand that maybe my bank may not be able to process this payment method(?).

The email said that there was a "hold" on my payment and that I should select another payment method. I selected bank ACH method. When is this "hold" lifted. What do I do?

I have tried to do a support ticket and have not been able to recieve email verification. I apologize if I have duplicated something. Thanks, Kaye

Hi Kaye,

I can see that you just added a new payment method. For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. You can try withdrawing your balance after the security period and your payment method should be active. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for replying. Do you know why I didn't receive email verification when I submitted a ticket? And do I have to manually withdraw the money from the bank ACH method to get paid?

ee023d85
Community Member

why my local bank account status is showing inactive as I fulfilled all the pre-requisite.?  kindly help me in this regard.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

thank you for your prompt response. 

its been up to 24 hours and I can not able to open my complaint ticket with the prompt "Due to the increase in the volume of ID verification submissions, there will be a delay of up to 72 hours. We greatly appreciate your patience while our teams review the documents."  the visual is attached plz. 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team and they have already reached you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
96f7155d
Community Member

Hey, I added my payment method as direct to my local bank account, and the status is still INACTIVE even after the 3 days activation time and filling the W-8ben tax form for non-Us residents

Can I know why it is still inactive?

Hi Nael,

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths