🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment Inactive
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

796 REPLIES 796

Hi Kareem,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

i need urgent help please !!!!!!!!
this message appear to me always i add my paypal account
(
Hi Karim naser,
Your payment of $18.50 via PayPal account failed, and the money has been
credited back to your Upwork account. Review your payment method information
<>.
In order to ensure minimum disruption to your account, we have placed a
pause on your scheduled payments. You can edit your payment method
<> and
re-enable your schedule. If you are still having trouble with your
payments, contact Upwork Support
<>.)
please help meeeee i dont know my issue where
d59e9b4b
Community Member

Need to now why my PayPal is still inactive - I added it 2/08 and my tax info is completed.

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I checked and it looks like you were able to complete the Form W-8BEN instead. Please note that in order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S. persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You can sign electronically by submitting the form. 

We highly suggest you coordinate with the team through a single ticket on this page if you have questions or need further assistance. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9e82f3e9
Community Member

It says my account is inactive but I have completed my W9 in January and it has been over three days since I've entered my payment method. I have tried several different cards and called my bank and they said they accept this instant payment method. I'm not sure how I can get paid.

Hi Amelia,

I checked and it looks like you were able to complete the Form W-8BEN instead. Please note that in order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S. persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You can sign electronically by submitting the form. Kindly complete the form and try to Get Paid. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cchiacchio1
Community Member

I added my payments. Did all the tax info. Waited longer than 3 days. Payment is still inactive?

Hi Christian,

I checked and it looks like you were able to complete the Form W-8BEN instead. Please note that in order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S. persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You can sign electronically by submitting the form. Kindly complete the form and try to Get Paid. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay, 

My w9 was submitted longer than 3 days ago. 

Hi Christian,

We truly appreciate your response and confirmation. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
brucevigna
Community Member

Good afternoon friends! 

Yesterday I finished a work and the client accept it.

Now I go to my balance and it shows $0.00. Why is that?

Was a $130.- work and I don't know why shows $0.00

Ps: Im new on Upwork haha thank you! 

pinedacharlotte
Community Member

Hi, Avery! Same thing happened to me and Cyrenne. It's been a day now and I have not received an email saying 'your payment has been processed' and I have not received my payment yet. I withdraw my payment at Feb 15, 11:15am (Philippine time). Usually it will only take 30 minutes to process the payment. Here is my reference ID: 556754760.

I hope you can help me 🙏

Thank you so much, Avery!

c5e88d89
Community Member

I have added a payment method and my Tax information already added. 5 days already spent but my payment method still inactive. What can I do now? Can you tell me, please?

Hi Med,

Let me know if this helps:

If your payment method has been inactive for 5 days or more, I would recommend you click the "Get Support" button on the bottom right of the screen to directly to get help with the issue. 

In addition, Upwork also offers a few different payment methods that could be worth considering. For example, Upwork allows clients to pay by credit card, debit card, ACH transfer, PayPal, Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard, Wire Transfer and Bank Transfer. Choosing one of these alternative methods may enable you to receive payments quicker than waiting for an unspecified amount of time for your current payment method to become active again. Have a great day!

9b3937e1
Community Member

so i added a payment method via direct bank withdrawal more than 3days ago and it still says "inactive" under it,

i completed my tax information, the W-8BEN because im non-us citizen and still says "inactive" on my payment method

i dont know the reason why, its been more than 3 days and my tax information is completed.And the question mark says it should be three days already today it is 22

i added it on 20

can someone help me 

thx !!

Hi Bingi Sai,

We take the security of your account very seriously. I can see that you added your payment method on 19- February. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days from the day you added your new payment method. For the time being, feel free to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a7632e89
Community Member

Hello, 

In my case, I got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the name from both my bank account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

I created the ticket two days before but so far I did not get any reply.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Kirubakaran,

I've checked your account and I can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. However, as stated in the notification on your Get paid page, you need to complete your tax information and the W8 form in order to withdraw your earnings. Please use the link from the notification message or go to Settings > Tax Information, and enter the required details. You can find more information in this Help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Sir,

I added a payment method to the local bank , after 3 days, and it did not get activated till now. I provided my Tax information and local bank details all correctly but still, it is inactive. Can you please help me solve it?

Regards,

Umar b.

Hi Umar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
56b174ba
Community Member

I am having this same issue. I have both my card and bank the card is attached to on my account and it has been there for a month now yet still showing as inactive.

mohammedbie
Community Member

I see this message beside my Master Card "Billing method is not active". What can I do to verify my payment method?

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out. You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~ AJ
Upwork
87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Sir

The Get Paid in settings, to do the Withdrawals, my Account is showing Inactive. I tried several times to update, but still the Account is showing Inactive.

Kindly, let me know the problem & how to Activate my Account in the Get Paid.

Regards

Romel Roy

Hi Romel,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I checked and it looks like you haven't filled out your Tax Information yet. The IRS uses W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E forms to determine whether a freelancer lives in the U.S. and what taxes if any, we need to collect from their earnings on Upwork. 

These forms are required by the IRS. The IRS uses this information to determine whether you live in the U.S. and what taxes, if any, we need to collect from your earnings on Upwork. Read our help center article to find out whether you need to complete the W-8BEN or W8BEN-E form

We encourage international freelancers to review and update their tax information by going to your settings and selecting Tax information. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Arjay

I received your's message. Accordingly, I had filled up Upwork's W9 or, W8 form process.

Now, in my account in the Get Paid section, the status is showing Active on 17.03.2023.

But I am unable to understand what does this Active status on the next Date 17th of March means.

Can I give Clients my solution & am I eligible to Get Paid by them now in my Local Bank Account?

Kindly, let me know the details of the process.

Thanking you

Romel Roy

Hi Romel,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your payment method has been accepted and will be active for fund withdrawal starting from March 17, 2023. You will be able to initiate fund withdrawal only after above mentioned date.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Pradeep

Hope you are all fine by the Grace of God.

Now, as you have mentioned that my Account in Get Paid Section has been Accepted & is Activated. I will be able to serve my Clients & is Eligible to receive my Payments, from 17.03.2023, in Upwork.

Thank you very much for your's kind response & great support.

Best Regards

Romel Roy

elizabeth_mulvey
Community Member

Hello, my payment is still inactive even though I submitted the details over 5 days ago and have completed all the necessary tax documents. Please help!

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
70406e98
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am writing to request assistance with the withdrawal restrictions currently placed on my account. I recently attempted to withdraw funds from my account but received an error message indicating that withdrawals are currently restricted.

I am unsure as to why these restrictions have been placed on my account, and I would like to request further information on this matter. I would appreciate it if you could please provide me with details on what has caused these restrictions and how I can resolve the issue.

In addition, I would also like to know the expected timeframe for the removal of these restrictions, as I require access to my funds for personal and professional reasons.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Farhad Wali Khan

Hi Farhad,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Please note that we weren't able to disclose account information or actions being taken on other users' accounts here in the Forum for privacy and security reasons. I've shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8a0d5710
Community Member

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance with a problem I am facing related to my payment setup. My bank account information is correct, but for some reason, the verification process is not working.

I have double-checked my bank account details and confirmed that they are accurate. However, when I attempt to verify my account or process a payment, the transaction fails. I have tried multiple times, but I am still unable to resolve the issue.

I kindly request your help in addressing this problem as soon as possible, as it is affecting my ability to receive payments for the work I have completed on the platform. If there are any additional steps I need to take or if you require more information from me, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter. I appreciate your support and look forward to a swift resolution.

Private info will be needed so best way is ticket creating. It will be faster than question here.

Hi Nadir,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties withdrawing your earnings. However, I've checked your account and I can see that you just added a new payment method dated 06- April. Please note that we take the security of your account very seriously. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days after successfully adding it to your account.

You may want to retry withdrawing your funds after the security period and once your new payment method is activated. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fabiolafeliz
Community Member

MY WITHDRAWAL METHOD APPEARS INACTIVE AND IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN 3 DAYS, HOW LONG MUST IT TAKE FOR PayPal TO BE ACTIVE?

ArjayM

Hi Fabiola,

I took a closer look at your account and I can see that you haven't completed your Tax Information yet. This information is required in order to confirm if you are a U.S. or non-U.S. taxpayer and whether or not Upwork is required to withhold taxes from your earnings. 

If you’re not a U.S. taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. You can complete the form by going to Settings> Tax Information> The form is under the W-8 section. We highly suggest you add your tax information now to avoid delays in getting paid. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f9425191
Community Member

Hi,

I have read answers to this that I don't find helpful. I followed every step to set things up a couple months ago. Why is it still inactive? Why does it say I don't have any payment method set up? 

Hi Rebecca,

It seems you have not completed your Form W-9. You will need to fill it out before your payment methods can become active. You can do so by going to Settings > Tax Information. Feel free to take a look at this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f9425191
Community Member

Hi,

I remember filling that out and submitting it, so I'm not sure what happened. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths