🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

796 REPLIES 796

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for following up. We're aware of the issue you raised and are taking it seriously. We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f9425191
Community Member

It appears everything was completed and approved, so I'm not sure why this is happening. 

e7de2f57
Community Member

My Withdrawal Method still shows as inactive for some reason and so I'm unable to access my money.  I believe I've done all the tax documents I need to

Hi Valmiki,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. You may access your tickets and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
elmoiv
Community Member

Hello ArjayM,

I have completed all my Tax Information as shown in the screenshots and 3 days passed after adding my payment method and still showing as inactive.

Please help as I want to withdraw my funds.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Khaled,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
elmoiv
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to bring to your attention an urgent matter regarding my wire transfer method on the Upwork platform. Despite having added the method as instructed, it has remained inactive for over a week now, prompting repeated requests to add a new method.

I have diligently completed all necessary tax information, ensuring its accuracy and confirmation on your end. However, this persistent issue is hindering my ability to withdraw funds, which is critical for my ongoing work and financial commitments.

I kindly request your immediate attention and assistance in resolving this matter as soon as possible. Your prompt action would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and swift action.

Sincerely,

** I have attached required screenshots

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Khaled, 

We understand how you want this issue with your payment method resolved as soon as possible. I've submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your case for further review and assistance. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on this page momentarily. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
elmoiv
Community Member

Thank you ArjayM, It's finally active!

7cba0c90
Community Member

Hello ! It's been four days since i added payment method to local bank. But now its showing inactive . No Response or Verification email from upwork. Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

I provided all the Correct Tax Information & Bank Details.

Please solve this issue.

Thanks

Hi Azeem,

I took a closer look at your account and I can see that you still need to complete your ID Verification for you to have full access/control over your account. Several support tickets have been set up with your concern that you can access on this page. We highly suggest you coordinate with the team through a single ticket so that they could assist you accordingly. 

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
7cba0c90
Community Member

Just Recieved My Identity Verification Badge but my bank account still showing inactive.

I filled all the tax information, its almost more then 4 days

What should i do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Just Recieved My Identity Verification Badge but my bank account still showing inactive.

I filled all the tax information, its almost more then 4 days

What should i do?

Hi Azeem,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

No. I didn't raised a support ticket yet & its not showing in my requests

what should i do?

Hi Azeem,

Thank you for your message. You can access your support tickets here. You can also view and respond to the support ticket from the email notification sent to your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c05de2a0
Community Member

Hello UpWork fam!

I received my first payment and I wanted to withdraw it. However my payment method (Direct to local bank) is still inactive. Even though I have updated my tax information and its been more than 3 days since I updated my payment details. My ID is verified and I am still trying to figure out what could be the problem. Looking forward for some assistance.

Kind Regards,

Hi Osama,

Thank you for reaching out. I just checked your account and can confirm that your payment method is already active. Kindly check on your end and let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
4bd5f94b
Community Member

Why is my bank account inactive if my tax info has all been set up and successfully updated more than a few weeks ago. Please advise.

Hi Adam,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e8b22456
Community Member

I am also having the same issue where my Canadian bank has been inactive for the past 3 weeks or so. Am I missing something here?

Hi Sin,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
39c76678
Community Member

Payment Methods upwork show me that it is inactive. whats going on? 

Not sure if this is the right place but Payment Methods on upwork shows me that it is inactive. been a few days and I have a statment showing funds to be sent tomarrow, what do i do, thanks,

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I can see that you've escalated your concern to our support team and raised a support ticket. Please allow our team time to further review your case and you will be getting an update on that ticket here once done. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
3bce74ce
Community Member

Having this same problem. I added payment methods and completed tax forms weeks ago, but it still shows my payment methods as inactive.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6e46779c
Community Member

Hello UPC!

I'm facing the same issue first-time freelancers on Upwork encounter when trying to update their bank information after receiving funds for a completed project. I thought my bank information was updated because I filled out the W9, completed the ID verification, and any additional information Upwork needed.

I updated my business bank account information on May 3rd or 4th, but it's been over a week, and my new payment method is still inactive. I've already checked for any additional email verification I missed from Upwork, but I couldn't find anything. Unfortunately, the response bot wasn't helpful either. What upsets me the most, I missed the pay period because of some issue that's out of my hand.

I'm not sure how long it takes to activate a new payment method on Upwork, and I would appreciate any information or assistance you can provide.

Thank you!

Hi Elijah, 

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. Don't hesitate to access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page to resolve the issue with your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6be895c8
Community Member

Hey there, 

I have completed verfication, all the tax information, I have added two payment methods and I have available funds. Why does it still show that my payment forms are invalid?

Hi Hannah,

I've shared your report to the appropriate team for further review. One of the members will be assisting you via a support ticket going forward. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ahmedsaid98
Community Member

dear(s):

i have my Withdrawal methods inactive despite the fact that i have everything compelete, i have checked everything, all i need it to kindly check my ID for the issue and tell me when it gonna be active, and if i am mistakenly forgot to fill any info please inform me.

thank you.

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, 

I have withdrawal methods inactive problem using my PayPal and instant payment, what's the problem?

i wanna be active plz!

1bcb1383
Community Member

Hi UpWork team!

My payment method (Direct to local bank) is still inactive. Even though I have updated my tax information and its been more than 3 days since I updated my payment details. My ID is verified.

Looking forward for some assistance.

Kind Regards,

Hi Amine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1bcb1383
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

The withdrawal method "Direct to Local Bank" is still inactive.

All the information regarding taxes and my identity is filled in.
Can you please assist me? This is becoming very urgent as I cannot withdraw my money.

Thank you!

Hi Aminee,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for the feedback. 
The support didn't help me much (except to tell me that my request will be processed within 24/48h).
My withdrawal method "Direct to Local Bank" is still inactive and I can't withdraw my money.
Can you unblock my issue or tell me why my withdrawal method is blocked?

Best Regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths