🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I cannot make withdrawal through Paypal
Page options
e4d2bc6f
Community Member

Payment not received to my PayPal

my transfer was denied because the option receive/withdraw funds was not activated on my account. my balance was 106.90$ but not it is 0$. how can I solve this problem, can you respond ASAP, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Amina,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your funds. I checked and it seems the transaction is currently in process. Please note that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours to receive your funds on your Paypal. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact PayPal. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

637 REPLIES 637

Hi Jasmin,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact Paypal to check your account status? Please try initiating the transaction again once they have confirmed your account status.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same problem, kindly assist

Hi fortunate,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, I am having this same issue as well

when I tried to transfer my funds to paypal I received an email which stated the following and that amount was sent back to upwork.

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

Hello , good afternoon
Yesterday April 11, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. I transferred my payment from upwork to paypal. I understand that I must wait 24 more hours, however, it is the first time that this has happened to me.
payment is always reflected at the same.
- Since this had never happened to me, I called paypal, they told me that the payment does not come out  reflected or in process, it does not appear in their system of paypal.

- I called upwork today, April 12 2023 they informed me that I must wait 24 hours after 24 hours the  payment does not  I called upwork today, they informed me that I must wait 24 hours after 24 hours and payment does not reflects I must call. 
That means I have to call tomorrow during office hours.
24 hours have passed and my payment is not reflected.
I need you to solve this problem please.

Hi Linoshka,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi

I have the same problem

Upwork keeps returning my withdrawals, I'm using a PayPal linked with a virtual MasterCard (That might be the problem? I don't know)
The message I have got: Your payment of $4.00 via PayPal account failed, and the money has been credited back to your Upwork account.

Please any help?

Thank you

Hi Yahya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue,

I keep trying to withdraw through my Paypal account and Upwork keeps returning back the money and disabling my Paypal account. 

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try again? You can also add an alternative payment method from this page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
manse1227
Community Member

I can not make a withdrawal using PayPal. I am getting an error message back that "unable to apply"

Hi Manasseh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi Toqa,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
e4d2bc6f
Community Member

"Dear Toqa the transfer was denied because the option receive/withdraw funds was not activated on your account." this is what the PayPal support team sent to me, but I can't understand what exactly the problem is. 

Did this work for you?

ace9d499
Community Member

There are some jobs that are scams. that ask you to complete a task and ask you for money to make the payment. I can't contact the client because I deleted the chat room, but I have the work information. What annoys me is that I waste my time and spend you connect with that job. that I could have used it for a different one. I have telegram contact **Edited for Community Guidelines**, company calls itself wiri language, by **Edited for Community Guidelines** on upwork,
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Maria Alejandra,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. I would like to let you know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. Also, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. 

I can see that you've already reached out to the relevant team and raised a ticket about your report. Please continue coordinating with the team and provide the necessary details so that they can take action accordingly and more efficiently. We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here

Lastly, you may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ace9d499
Community Member

Thanks for answering, because it seemed strange to me, but I had already
erased all traces so I could mark the job as inappropriate. :/[image:
image.png]
[image: image.png]
##- Escriba su respuesta encima de esta línea -##
e4d2bc6f
Community Member

Hello, I transferred my money to PayPal account and they solve the problem and activate it, but I can't receive my money yet. I have already contacted with PayPal support and they told me to ask upwork to transfer the funds again.
I need from upwork to transfer the funds again or get it back to me please.

Hi Toqa,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aminakhalilll
Community Member

Hey Everyone,
I’ve done my first payment from upwork to my paypal account however it’s been over 24 hours and the payment didn’t go through to my paypal account yet.
I have contacted paypal but nothing seem to have an issue with my account. Can someone from upwork please help me!!!

Hello Amina,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your funds. I checked and it seems the transaction is currently in process. Please note that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours to receive your funds on your Paypal. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact PayPal. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,
It has been indeed more than 24 hours, almost 48 hours and I have contacted paypal and there isn’t any issues!!! The transfer is not even evident there ! So i undo the withdrawal and get my balance back to where it was because from what i’ve been reading, is that normally the money is transferred instantly. And after contacting paypal, the problem seems to be with upwork mot paypal!!!

Hi Amina,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with receiving your funds. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola,
Thank you for your reply.
It’s been more than 40 hours. And no one from upwork support has contacted me before 5 minutes ago telling me that I have to wait another 24-48 hours. Why do I have to wait 4 days for my funds to be transferred when it should take minutes or even less? This is really frustrating and being my first payment through upwork this is in no way optimal or reassuring.
I need someone to help me faster than that.

Thank you
Best regards,
Amina

Hi Amina,

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, my payment method doesn't seem to work.
I have a working paypal account but everytime I try to withdraw my balance my payment method gets disabled and the transaction is refunded.
I really need help with this issue as Paypal is the only method available to me at the time.
Thanks!

Hi Ziad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

There is no processing transactions. I tried 3 times with PayPal and it was rejected. I used payoneer last time (successfully), but want to solve PayPal issue and use it next time. So, it`s still opened question. Thanks.

Hi Kyrylo,

Did you try contacting PayPal to check the status of your account? You can try again after the issue with your PayPal account is resolved.

- Pradeep

Upwork

First of all thank you for replying, i will wait 24 hours then contact paypal.

Hello,

I tried to withdraw my earnings to paypal, and I got my paypal payment method disabled and the funds are returned. I re-enabled it and tried again, but I keep facing the same issue. 

Hi Yasmine,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties getting paid through your PayPal account. I've escalated your community post to a support ticket for further review. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page to assist.

In the meantime, you may consider adding an alternative withdrawal option, such as ACH or Wire Transfer, to your Upwork account settings. This will give you another way to access your funds while resolving the issue with PayPal.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7cc1f1ba
Community Member

I made a withdrawal 4 days ago to my paypal account, i received a notification from upwork that transaction succeeded, however my paypal balance still 0.00, when i contacted paypal support they told me that transaction is denied by the sender so i contacted upwork again, i've got email that the process may take 3 days and now it has been 4 days and my both accounts have 0 balance, i contacted upwork again they sent an email that they will help me within 24 hours and now it has been more than 30 hours from the time the email was sent and no one contacted me

Hi Mohamed,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with receiving your funds. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7cc1f1ba
Community Member

Hey,

yes i already created a support ticket, the reason i'm posting this is because last time they contacted me i was told that they will reach me within 24 hours. and that was about 33 hours ago and nothing happened

Hi Mohamed,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
digital_machine
Community Member

I have withdrawn money to my linked paypal account. The paypal account didn't receive the withdrawn money and I cannot find the money on my upwork account ? I have contacted the paypal people but they said they returned the money to my upwork account which didn't happen. And I am unable to contact upwork support for a week now !

If anyone can help me, would be highly appreciated.

Ahmed F wrote:

I have withdrawn money to my linked paypal account. The paypal account didn't receive the withdrawn money and I cannot find the money on my upwork account ? I have contacted the paypal people but they said they returned the money to my upwork account which didn't happen

PayPal can't return the money to your Upwork account as it was not your Upwork account that sent it, it was Upwork's PayPal account that did.

So Upwork's finance department will have to manually fish it out.

It can take a while to sort it out and it's the weekend.

Be patient!

Hi Ahmed,

I'm sorry to hear you have not received the funds yet. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths