🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899
1dfdc1e4
Community Member

I'm having the same issue, when inputting my phone number it is saying it is being used on another profile and I am unable to verify it.

Hi Alicia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bfe32576
Community Member

I have the same issue as everyone else. However I want to use the same phone number for my client and freelancer account.

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b7c34a8e
Community Member

I just created my account, and it says my phone number is already in use. How do I fix this and continue the sign up process on my current account?

If you had a previous freelancer account, you need to reopen that first account as you are not allowed to create a new one (even if the previous one was closed).

Hello,

I do not know what email my previous freelancer account was associated
with, nor which email the phone number was associated with.

Hi Kylie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
333307e5
Community Member

I am having the same issue where I am unable to verify my account because it says my phone number is already in use with a different account. This is my first time trying to make an account so I'm unsure how to fix this issue. Could someone help me get resolve this? 

Hi Adrianna,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f2e4b95e
Community Member

When trying to finish up my account, it gives me an error saying my phone number is already in use. Please assist

Hi Cierra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
5450718e
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Can an Upwork team member help me as well please?

b7fc3e42
Community Member

It is saying my phone number is already in use and I might have created an old account that I cannot access anymore. I created a new profile and would like to use that one but need to verify my phone number. Can someone help with this?

Hi Shana,

Thank you for reaching out. Please note that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. I'll have one of our team members assist you further via a support ticket. You can coordinate with the team on this page once your ticket's been set up. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
f01b00eb
Community Member

I am unable to verify and complete my account. It is saying that my number is in use on another account. Please advise how I can get this issue resolved. Thanks!

Hi Daniella,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
19b0cd91
Community Member

I am attempting to complete my account set up. I am being told my phone number is being used by another account. I may have set an account years ago. I have no idea what the user name would be, how do I find out. The website is not really user friendly. Thanks. 

Why can't we get live support?
I sent a message to this message board and still haven't received a response. I can't finish my registration because it says my phone number is linked to another account. How long does it take to get a response? 

Hi Michelle,

I'll have one of the support team members assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b09c142f
Community Member

Hi,

I close my account and now i try to setup a new profile. But it will not let me put my cell number in i hope someone from upwork can help me?

I think the same number you can not use twice 

kindly have a look at my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ea8f8840353f5f82

You are only allowed one freelancer account ever.

Your profile is set to private.

yes. but I don't know how to set it public. I think my link you can visit which is why I am sending a link. kindly let me know how can i set it to public. do I need to upgrade or else? thank you. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ea8f8840353f5f82

done.

thank you for your valuable info

You need to reopen your first account. You are not allowed to create a new freelancer account. This is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

b09c142f
Community Member

I got it to work 🙂

276977e2
Community Member

Hello, I had started an Upwork account perhaps a year or so ago but never finished the application/verification process. I was recently trying to make an account when it said my phone number is already in use. I tracked down which old email I had used and closed the account. I have had a full name change (first, middle, and last) and have not used that email since then. However, it still won't let me use my phone number. I was going to try to change these things on my other account, but, since I closed it, I can no longer access it. I do not have another phone and cannot change my number, so i am at a loss. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Jace,

Please note that having multiple accounts is considered a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to look into it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dd184a82
Community Member

I need help on this; I double checked my emails and never saw any indication that my number was in use. 

Hi Benjamin,

Firstly, I would like to welcome you to Upwork. I have escalated your report to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Kindly expect your ticket on this page once your case is fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
20fcd718
Community Member

Hey Arjay, I've delete my account and opened a new one but now it says the number is being used. May I request for some help?

Hi Mino,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. However, I can see that you've raised a ticket about your concern. Please allow our team time to review your case within 24-48 hours and you should be getting an update here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b300a6f5
Community Member

This number is being used by another account

Hi Shalinie,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a544ab17
Community Member

Yes, let me help you.

182fcb7d
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to work as a freelancer on upwork. It requires that I put in my phone number however, when I do so, it says that the number I am trying to use is already in use.

try again in another number

Hi Philip,

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths