🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899
c327512a
Community Member

I am also unable to verify my phone number because it says it's already in use.

I don't remember making a full account to this point with another email address, cant find anything in my email accounts, and when I sign in with my google account to see if that is linked to my phone number, it just goes to my new account I'm trying to use where I can't verify the phone number again.  

Please help!  Thanks. 

Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork! I've escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
glyst81
Community Member

I'm also having the same issue. Can someone assist me?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e2aa3e14
Community Member

Hello 

i am trying to verify my number and its not verifying my number. Once i enter 6 digit it doesnt proceed after it. It stays like that 

Hi Junaid.

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8332f085
Community Member

Hi I am trying to complete setting my account, first time ever. Getting this error: This number is being used by another account

Hi Yuraldy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
dc17b143
Community Member

I need help!! I can't verify my number because it's saying my number is already in use. I maybe thought I signed up a bit ago with another email but that's not the case. Why is my number being used for an account I'm unaware of?!?! That's concerning... I also want to be able to start my account. What's going on??

Hi Bryce,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8b3a3c50
Community Member

I am having the same issue and cannot get a response

Hi Karen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
87d0fa22
Community Member

Hello

I created an account, entered my resume, education, etc and when I got to the end Upwork says my phone number is already in use. I don't recall ever having an Upwork account previously. Can someone help me, please? 

Hi Janet,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'll have the team review your case and one member assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
36b49d77
Community Member

I can't complete profile creation to become part of freelancers group because I can't get any SMS.

Hi Zhami,

~Andrea
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

Contact your bank.

d3c9fc95
Community Member

I've search for all other emails I believe I could've used to create an account, but can't seem to find one to login into. Is there any way I can try to delete whatever old account I have and use my number so I can get started?

Hi Anthony,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
shinystarr
Community Member

I have a second account with my phone number but i forgot the email to it how do I get that account back?

Hi Lance,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
bb7b0db4
Community Member

I am not receiving the verification code text message to verify my new account/profile. 

Hi Kendall,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
53c712dc
Community Member

I am also facing this issue. It is saying that my number is in use on another account. Please advise how I can get this issue resolved.

Hi Hanifa,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5d7cac95
Community Member

Interesting thing: I can't use Upwork until I verify my phone number. But when I try to do it I don't get the verification code. How should I confirm the phone number if I don't get the code? Nonsense! 

Hi Derek,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
efc39a82
Community Member

I have this problem as well but cannot figure out how to get support through the support chat

Hi Max,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cd0d9ced
Community Member

I have tried to set up my Upwork account as a freelancer but got to the final stage and it is says my phone number is already in use. I have not created an account before, this is my first time on Upwork, but cannot move past the profile creation stage until this is resolved.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9c5ddead
Community Member

I am having this problem as well. 

6394e571
Community Member

Hello, Upwork

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Please help.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching and welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your phone number. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e0bf163b
Community Member

How do I create a service ticket?

I created an account on UpWork several years ago with an email account I have apparently since forgotten. I just created a new account but I can't complete my profile because my phone number is in use by the other account.

Thank you for any advice.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's ToS. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
carlamade
Community Member

Hello!

I received an error while trying to create an account that my phone number is already in use. I have submitted a ticket and wanted to follow up in other ways. Any guidance would be great!

Thanks,

Carla

Hi Carla,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
carlamade
Community Member

Perfect! Sometimes in this digital world, you just need a human on the other end. I appreciate the follow up!
8038855c
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I am running into the same problem, could you please reset my number so I can verify it under this account?

Thanks in advance, regards,

Steve

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths