🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899

Hi Nia,

Thank you for your message. I've escalated your report to the appropriate team. They will surely have this reviewed and you should be getting an update via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0e6c5c8c
Community Member

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I can't create my profile without my phone number and verifying via text. What do I do?

Hi Jenny,

To start with, welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties verifying your phone. I'll have one of our team members assist you via a support ticket. You can access the ticket and communicate with the team through this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d9f408db
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I am having issues with creating my account with my primary email. It is saying that I am unable use my phone number due to it being in use. I have not used upwork in the past.

Hi Matthew,

I have escalated your case to the appropriate team and one of the members will be in touch via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team here once it's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa355f14
Community Member

Hello,

I keep getting this message when trying to finish my profile "This number is being used by another account". I dont have another phone number so I'm not sure what to do.

Thank you

Hi Ama,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'll have one of our team members assist you further with the phone verification via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team here or in your email once it's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
raleighn
Community Member

Hi! I've seen others with this issue but can't find the solution. I'm trying to create a profile, but it says my phone number is already in use. Can someone help?

Hi Raleigh,

I'll have one of our team members reach out with further assistance on your phone verification. A support ticket will be created where you can communicate with the team and that can be accessed on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6cab62e7
Community Member

I am setting up my greelancer account, but got the error message that 'This number is being used by another account'. Please tell me how to fix this issue, thanks.

Hi Runmeng,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the phone verification. You can access your tickets on this page once the ticket's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d8408153
Community Member

I type in my US cell phone number and I get the following message:

Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Phone number must be verified

I also tried with another family members phone number and got the same message.

Hi Franklin,

Welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your phone number. I'll have one of the team members assist you via a support ticket. Please expect an update on this page once your case has been reviewed by the team.

~ Arjay
Upwork
89612c61
Community Member

Ugh, I'm having the same issue! Hope you got yours resolved.

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9f4bb523
Community Member

Hoping someone could help me with this issue.

I'm getting the message, in subject line, when trying to finish my profile. That I know of, I have no used this number before. Could someone lead me to where I can find a solution to this to finish my profile?

Thank you in advance.

Esmeralda

Hi Esmeralda,

I have escalated your concern and one of the team members has reached out to you via a support ticket here. Feel free to communicate so that they can assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
5fc983eb
Community Member

Verification code isn't being sent over for sign up.

Hi Kaitlin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
jochow87
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the phone number verification as most people. Could I recieve support for this?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
db6e52b9
Community Member

I am having trouble accessing my account. When I type my email in to login, it says that email is not associated with an account. But, if I use it to create a new account it says my email is already being used??? 

I tried to create a completely new account with a new email, but when I got to the phone verification part, it said my phone number is already being used. 

Please help!

Hi Kathleen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties logging in to your account. However, it looks like you're concern has been forwarded to the relevant team and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update here with more details on how to proceed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bkgarcia
Community Member

I'm not recieving a verification code when I submit my phone number. 

Hi Brianna,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that your phone has been verified. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c4164e95
Community Member

Hi all, I am trying to sign up for upwork but it is saying my phone number is already in use. I also see no way to get in touch with someone who can help me delete the old account, which I don't remember the email or password to. Any suggestions or staff that could help me out?

Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erin, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your account concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
fd8ccee0
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number and I receive the code, however, once I enter the code there is no option to click "send" or "verify" so I am unable to complete the process. 

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b4921598
Community Member

Good morning,

I am setting up my freelancer account but I keep getting the error "Something went wrong. Please try again later".  I have tried this from multiple computers.  Can someone advise?

Hi Tracey,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7b7ea809
Community Member

Hi, I am a new member and also having trouble verifying my phone number as it states it's already in use. Please help! Thank you!

Hi Bo,

Firstly, I would like to welcome you to Upwork! I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll have one of our team members reach out to further assist you with your phone verification. Kindly expect a support ticket to be set up on this page once your case has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e6508e98
Community Member

Hello, I am getting the This number is being used by another account error when trying to create my account. I had an account in the past and do not wish to recover that one but use the new one I am making now 

Hi Margo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
296ce401
Community Member

Cannot find the account that is using the phone number to close out.  Please assist

Hi Hawt,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
e2d1a22d
Community Member

Hello, someone is apparently already using my phone number so I can't currently add my number to my account. Need help, much thanks.  

Hi Heather,

~Andrea
Upwork
bfb24352
Community Member

i just open  an account and i got a message that my phone has already been used so i must have made an account in the past and i need to delete it

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths