🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
9dab8983
Community Member

I have recently made an account and it says my number is in use but I sure it's not. What shall I do

Hi Jorden,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
a91dd23f
Community Member

Hello can i get some assistance with this issue as well, I have already submitted a request 38413177 but have not received a response to it. What else can I do??

Hi Laudro,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! We appreciate you reaching out here in the Community. I can also see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and it's been forwarded to the appropriate team for review. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6f65a082
Community Member

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

Hi Gazz,

~ AJ
Upwork
6f65a082
Community Member

it seems a very common error

why not share the fix here?

Hi Gazz,

It isn't. We only compile the reports here and this thread goes far back. We cannot share anything here since the resolutions vary for each account. The details we discuss with freelancers on the support ticket may contain personal information- such as your phone number- and the team is protecting that privacy.

Please wait for someone to reach out to you via a support ticket.

~ AJ
Upwork

still awaiting support assistance?

Hi Gazz,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
479f9cff
Community Member

I am running into a tricky situation. I believe I have a half dead account associated with my primary email and phone number. When I try to log in with that email, UpWork says "this email is not associated with an account" but then when I make a new account, it says "An account with this email already exists". I tried making an account with a new email, but when I go to enter my phone number, I run into the same problem. This is super frustrating. I just want to be able to use this website! 

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d37c2647
Community Member

I deleted an account and started a new one but new one won't let me verify because it says my phone is attached to another account. And apparently you can't talk directly to rework customer service. Need help to verify the account.

This happens because you are only allowed one lifetime account, regardless if your previous freelancer account was deleted. Having more than one account is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. You will need to have your original account reinstated and work under that original account.

Sophie's correct Lori!

Users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. To assist you further with your concern, could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with your original account? The one that you deleted. We'll have these accounts reviewed and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7e479b61
Community Member

Hey there

I cannot complete my profile, specifically my phone number, I get a "This number is being used by another account", can you help please? Thanks 

Hi AL,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey Annie, my requests are empty, no tickets! 😞

Hi AL,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner with your concern. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members should be in touch with further assistance momentarily. You can still use this page to access your ticket once ready. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
7e479b61
Community Member

Hey Arjay, done, I have replied to the ticket in a screenshot, cheers.

323fe2df
Community Member

Hello,

I cannot complete my profile due to not being able to verify my phone number. I get a "This number is being used by another account", can you help please?

Thanks,

MP

Hi Mathew,

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Mathew,

~ Arjay
Upwork
233ae72a
Community Member

Hello! I’m trying to set up my Upwork but it states my number is being used by another account. How do I fix this issue?

Hi Alisa,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c765df2d
Community Member

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rikita, 

The Upwork Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
e92df036
Community Member

I'm just trying to finish setting up my account and I'm pretty sure I've never used this site before, but it says my number is already in use, can anyone help?

Hi Isabelle,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team for review. One of the team members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cd4711c9
Community Member

While in the midst of account creation, I too am unable to send a code and complete my account. I don't recall ever creating an Upwork account, but it states that my phone number is already in use. Would it be possible for a team member at Upwork to take a look into helping me resolve the issue so I can finish creating my profile?

Hi Finnegan,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your phone number. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
venu_gs
Community Member

I am not able to complete the account creation as I am getting this message

This number is being used by another account.   Could you look into this when you get a chance.

Thank you,

Venu Sanka

Hi Venu,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2d77f599
Community Member

I am unable to verify and complete my account. It is saying that my number is in use on another account. Please advise how I can get this issue resolved. Thank you

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
10d6c0ac
Community Member

I am having this issue. I am unable to finish setting up my Upwork account as it says "This number is being used by another account ".

how can i correct this to finish my account set up 

Hi Matthew,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble verifying your phone number. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
89bec14c
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to complete my account so I can apply for jobs, however, I can not verify my phone number. Can someone please sent me a phone notification so I can verify my phone number

Hi Kyle,

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths