🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
c96f18ce
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I am having a similar issue. I am setting up a personal freelancer account and I need a phone number to proceed with the final step but my phone number is also being used for a client account which I need. Could someone advise please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,489 REPLIES 1,489

Please assist, I'm experiencing same issue. Message - Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, 

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

same problem here, it's crazy how impossible it is to get help on this platform.  So how do I get in touch with someone, thats not a bot?

Hi Chad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
635fd052
Community Member

I too need assistance with this issue. Someone else seems to have used my number in the past to create an account. I need to free my number so I can get verification texts to apply for jobs on your site with my account.

Thanks in advance for your help,

- Tom

Hi Thomas,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0589483e
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I am also having the same issue with my phone number.  Would you be able to assist me as well?

Thank you,

Rachael

Hi Rachael,

We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
890787c1
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I'm also having a similar problem when trying to create an account. It says my number is already in use but I don't have another account. 

Thanks!

Hi Kirsten,

We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8bf8a7f2
Community Member

Hi, please help me, I am having the same issue.

a65d9300
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I am having the same issue. 

I've got a second phone but the code doesn't come to that  one outside of UK.

As a result I exceeded the code limit.

How do I finally post a job on Upwork?

Natalia

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. I was able to set up the authenticator app and also verify my phone number in the password and security tab in my settings but when I go to apply for a job it wants me to authenticate my phone number and once my number is typed in it says I have attempted too many times to change my pin. Please help as the chatbot is not being useful in this situation.

Hi Geovanni,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

I'm also having a similar problem when trying to create an account. It says my number is already in use but I don't have another account. 

Thanks!

Hi Kirsten,

I can see that the team has sent you an email with more information about your account and instructions on clearing the issue. You may access the ticket linked to your case on this page and your email for updates. 

Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to their email, and they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Annie, I'm having the same problem with my account. I keep getting this message when trying to apply for a job. "Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, please contact support." Can you help me create a support ticket for this issue? Thank you.

Hi Brandon,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue with it saying my number is already in use and can't find how to open a support ticket. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Hi Jesse,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
511da0bd
Community Member

Hello Joanne I have having the same issue. Could you please create a ticket for me?

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 3.35.06 PM.png

 

Hi Abigail,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ce031a9a
Community Member

Hi Joanne

can you also please help me create a support ticket. I'm also having the same issue.

Hi Jay,

Thank for reaching out!  I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ce031a9a
Community Member

Thank you, normally when will they reply to me?

I was getting "Phone Number is already in use" messages, So changed phone number and get verified again and again.

Now I can't verify anymore, I have created ticket but didn't get any support reply. 

How do I have to do?

ce031a9a_0-1706107342084.png

Hi Jay, 

Please allow up to 24-48 hours for our team to review your case and respond to your ticket. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
862ca38c
Community Member

Hello Nikola 

I am experiencing this same phone verification issue. Will you open a support ticket to resolve this problem? 

Hi DeShawn,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page to assist you further with the phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

Are you able to create a support ticket for me as well to get the phone verification issue resolved for me too?

Hi Malcolm,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

I also need support. I can't get past the AI chat bot and I just upgraded my account. So that's unfortunate. Also, in my requests tab I do not see an option to open  new ticket. Can you hep me? And is it possible to figure out why chat support does't come with my upgrade option?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Carolyn,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Upgrading your membership to Freelancer Plus is a brilliant move when starting a career with Upwork. There are perks that can definitely help you market your profile.

Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7fa128cb
Community Member

I am also having trouble as it says my phone number is already in use. I don't know how to resolve this and I can't seem to locate how to enter a support ticket or email someone directly. Can you please assist?

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your phone number. Please be aware that a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions.

I took the liberty of escalating your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page to assist you with completing the phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9e2488da
Community Member

Hi Arjay I am also having trouble with that as well. I am getting 

"Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again."

I tried creating a ticket, but it was not letting me. Please help at your earliest convenience. 

Hi Saniya,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths