🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
c96f18ce
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I am having a similar issue. I am setting up a personal freelancer account and I need a phone number to proceed with the final step but my phone number is also being used for a client account which I need. Could someone advise please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach our support team directly so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. Please let us know on this thread if you need assistance with this issue and we'll be happy to help.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,489 REPLIES 1,489
2f30e6a0
Community Member

I am trying to recover the password for my main account, but every time I try, I get a password recovery error message that prevents me from doing so.

I could not figure out way to get around this, so I ended up having to create a Separate account using a different email address, but now I am having trouble using that account because my phone number is attached to my original account that I am unable to access.

I am trying to file a support ticket, but I am unable to locate any working link that will allow me to do so.

Please help. Thanks. 

Hi Ted,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you on this page to provide further assistance in completing the phone verification, and on how to proceed with your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
95edbd96
Community Member

I am having the same issue. The chat not will not connect me to a live agent or tell me how to submit a ticket. My phone number is in use by my old account, but that email is permanently deactivated so I cannot log in there to delete or update that account. 

Hi Miah,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2ed6cdb0
Community Member

I can't figure out which account I have that has my phone number already in use. I'm urgently trying to reach out to freelancers for a project, but can't post or share the job.

Hi Natalie,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
72a4d999
Community Member

I had an old Upwork account that I deleted and now I can't verify my phone number with my new Upwork account because it says that it's already in use. When I attempt to apply for a job and reach the phone verification step, I receive the following message: "Phone number already in use. Please, check it and try again. If you're still having problems, please contact support." I have tried to use the chatbot to submit a ticket however it will not allow me to. 

Hi Jacob,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
faebaadb
Community Member

I cannot verify my account because it's linked to an account that I had when I worked for a company, and I did it from the company email i dont have access anymore (or even rembember!) Does anybody know how to fix this?

Hi Lucia,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English
Featured Topics
Learning Paths