🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Possible Scam and ID Verification
Page options
65c43f35
Community Member

Possible Scam and ID Verification

Hi Everyone and Upwork Support Team,

Just reaching out to the community of this person who may be trying to scam.  I just want to make sure the PDF isn't some sort of virus as I had clicked on it.  But so far nothing.  Their posting was also removed.  See attached screenshots.

Also with the ID verification now delayed,  what does it mean for the deadline?  I've provided the necessary documents and selfie but, my deadline is coming up soon.  Will that impact my account?  See attached screenshots.

Thanks,

Brian

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your message. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS. Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Also, I followed up with the team handling your verification request and they have already reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your message. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS. Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Also, I followed up with the team handling your verification request and they have already reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep for your assistance as I am new to this platform.

Regards,
Brian

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths