🐈
» Forums » Support » Problem with navigating the messages
Page options
f1877c37
Community Member

Problem with navigating the messages

Hello,
I am having difficulties with managing my messages. I can either see private messages or the message board with the clients' posts. It's impossible for me at the moment to jump from one to the other as would be necessary. What could I possibly be doing wrong? This shouldn't be difficult at all. Or is this a bug of the platform?

Thank you for answering. Best, Jana

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Jana,

Just to make sure we understand, are you trying to see both the job feed and your Messages at the same time? If so, you can't have them open on the same tab at the same time, but you can open a second tab on your browser (if you're on a PC/Laptop) with them separated. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f1877c37
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, thank you for replying.
What I mean is that I cannot see both my private messages and the "normal" thread of messages. There is no way to navigate this. How am I supposed to do this?
So, I am haing a 1:1 conversation with another freelancer on Upwork. Now I want to have  a look at my other messages that I recieve from clients. What do I do? Vice versa the same. In another browser I am seeing the clients' post but there is no way to get to the private conversation. The filter in both browsers are on "all rooms, recent first".
How are you doing this? Your help is greatly appreciated. Best, Jana

5120c84d
Community Member

Jana H wrote: myenvoy

Hello,
I am having difficulties with managing my messages. I can either see private messages or the message board with the clients' posts. It's impossible for me at the moment to jump from one to the other as would be necessary. What could I possibly be doing wrong? This shouldn't be difficult at all. Or is this a bug of the platform?

Thank you for answering. Best, Jana

You can start by checking if there are tabs, buttons, or navigation options within the messaging system that allow you to switch between private messages and client posts.

Hi Logan, thank you for replying.
I have looked for such tabs and have not found any. Are they supposed to be there?

Is anybody here who is doing that - switching between 1:1 messages and the normal messaging feed - and who could provide a screenshot? That would be awesome.
Have a nice Sunday, Jana

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths