🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Project Filters - Do these actually filte...
Page options
fe7dab92
Community Member

Project Filters - Do these actually filter?

I'm new to Upwork and trying to determine if this a good option to secure freelancde work. I have been building a few "Products" and researching others to see where I can offer my talents.

When I apply a filter to show "United States" designers who are "Native" English speakers the top eight listing are ALL from out of the United States. After more review, of the TOP-16 listed for "Flyer Design" only (1) one was in the United Sates (TX)

1. Lariatb F. - Pakistan
2. Mehrren M. - Pakistan
3. Nasir J. - Pakistan
4. Hussain A. - Pakistan
5. Md Abdul J. - Bangledesh
6. Edward C. - Venezuela
7. Hammad H. - Pakistan
8. Robinson Z. - Philippines

(12) Giuliana L - Friendswood, Texas, United States

I have no issues with these other talented designers working on Upwork but if a client does want to us US-talent, I feel they are being misguided and deceived by "filters" that are not being applied correctly.

Conversly, if client in Egypt sellects "Egypt" as a filter will my Product offering be listed?

Please let me know if I'm not looking at this correctly.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
AndreaG

Hi Doug,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. 

If this persists, please share a link to the specific page you're looking at so we could check further,

~Andrea
Upwork
fe7dab92
Community Member

What are the two most current versions of FireFox so I can determine if that is an issue?

fe7dab92
Community Member

1. Updated Firefox to current version. (see attached)

2. Selected: Design-Print Design-Flyer Design (see attached)

3. Results from selction of filters:  "Unted States" + "Native or Bilungual English" (see attached)

RESULTS

1. Sumera B. - KarachiPakistan - 12:26 am local time
2. Karlo B. - VaraždinCroatia 8:28 pm local time
3. Laraib F. -  Hyderabad CityPakistan 12:29 am local time
4. Fawad A.  -
KarachiPakistan 12:30 am local time

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. I've shared your report with the appropriate team for further review. we will keep this thread posted whenever we receive updates from the team. We seek your patience and understanding while sorting this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fe7dab92
Community Member

Thank you Arjay.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Doug,

On the left of your screen when you are doing a search for Talent, type in the "United States" as a filter and only USA based freelancers will appear. Have a great day!

fe7dab92
Community Member

That's great BUT that's not the issue I'm having. My reason for starting this thread was the ability to use the "FILTERS" to filter out only US=Based designers in the Products area. When a client uses the [Talent Details] pulldown menu and selects/types "United States" and then hits "Filter" the results I would think should be only US Designers, correct?

bf0e60a2
Community Member

I'm actually having the same experience as Doug. While filters for things like category, price, attributes, etc DO seem to work, the location filters DO NOT. 

I do a search for "google ads audit" and get 1,053 available projects. When I add United States under Talent Details, I still get 1,053 available projects. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 12.02.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-19 at 12.02.08 PM.png

Good morning Jason. Yes, I never received a concrete answer on this. I have tried it a few times and sill have the issue. I'm not sure if it is a priority to resolve but I'm sure it's confusing for clients who are seeking US-based talent.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths