🐈
» Forums » Support » Public name.
Page options
d502184a
Community Member

Public name.

I know that on Upwork, freelancers should show complete name and initial last name.

However, I was wondering if it's possible to change it. My profile shows "Rousl A" but I want it as "R.A Ridha" just showing my complete second last name, because I'm more comfortable working online in this way.

I have included my second last name but it's not showing. I emailed support, but didn't receive a reply. 

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Rousl,

In general freelancer’s profile name can be a variation of their legal name but still needs to follow our profile name guidelines, which allows for some name variations, e.g., “Jim” vs. “James,” “Vlad” vs. “Vladimir,” or “Manny” vs. “Manuel.” Business names other than your own name, numbers, symbols, profanity, and hate speech are not permitted.

For your own info, check out this internal KB that provides more info about how verified and profile names work.

I have reached out to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up. You should be receiving an update through this support ticket with assistance on how to proceed. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths