🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Old jobs are coming in my profile.
Page options
9387be10
Community Member

Random jobs on my profile and Jobs are not updating correctly

Hello Team,

I am faicng this issue for past 2 days. I am not seeing relevant jobs. Like i am seeing TickTok , youtube management and couple other catagories jobs in my Most recent feed. It used to be only Technical Support or Microsoft 365 and Migration related jobs. I am not sure what is going on. 

If i refresh 2 or 3 times the search is changing not sure, if development team is working on something or what the issue is.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Shahbaz

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that our engineers have released a fix and this issue should be resolved. Please, consider refreshing your browser or clearing cache and cookies to make sure the fix is reflected. If the issue persists after that, please let us know here or submit a report directly with our support team by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. 

Thank you for your reports and patience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

108 REPLIES 108

Since the 1st of November,my recent jobs section is showing irrelevant jobs.My skills are related to DevOps and Cloud but I keep getting jobs related to Frontend Development and Designing in the recent jobs section

Hi Burhanuddin,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. 

~Andrea
Upwork
dc4b593f
Community Member

I tried that but still it keeps showing irrelevant jobs

It's actually not only my default "find work" feed, but also what I manually search for. But, first, about the default feed.

The "recent" tab of the default feed mostly has results that do not match being a voice talent, and I did "edit saved searches" as support in the forum suggested a couple of months ago to make my feed more applicable to what I do. My saved searches are, and have been: voiceover, voice AND talent, voice AND over, plus voice over NOT youtube. It hasn’t helped, unfortunately. Today I see on my "recent" feed posts for: website copywriting, Airbnb property manager, videographer team, interviewer, creative writer, legal assistant, mystery shopper, video creator, etc. On a good day, maybe 10% of the posts in my feed are geared toward the service that I offer and what I've defined in my saved searches.

I do network with a male voice talent on here who's nice enough to send me applicable jobs he sees, and about 50% of them not only never come up in my default feed, but they are also not coming up in my manual searches for "voice over, narrator, etc." I spend a lot of time scrolling and weaving through inapplicable posts.

I clear my browser history and cookies, log out then back in, as suggested by support, and the issue(s) persist.

Does anyone else have the same issues, have different insight as to what factors affect default feeds and manual search results aside from saved searches, or resolved similar issues they've had? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Amanda,

We truly appreciate you reporting this here. I'm sorry for the inconvenience of experiencing the same issue

despite following our Support Team's instructions. I'll have them take a closer look at your case and assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi all,

I have been getting random jobs unrelated to my skills, profile, previous jobs, or anything else.

In the most recent section mainly 99%+ of the jobs are totally irrelevant to my skills and it isn't very pleasant.

It's been more than a week already.

Is this some kind of bug that is being fixed or something else?

Please fix it asap.

Regards,

Nirajan

If someone posts a job in your preferred category, you will see that job, it's always better to search for the topic or skill.

Hi Nirajan‚ setup your computer's date and time correctly. I think then the issue will be solve. And also you try to clear your browser's cookies and cache. 

Thanks 

Hi Nirajan,

The jobs showing on "My Feed" are based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched.

However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. Since categories are broad ( ie: Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not exactly relevant to what you want to see (but in a way related such as programming, you may also see jobs related to designs or animation which are not the same but can be related).

I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi

I got what you are implying here.

But it wasn't so before and I have tried logging in with a completely new browser so there are no issues with cookies or anything like that. Also one of my friends is facing the same issue. We tried a number of solutions but it's not working.

About history.

I have never searched other than two topics and its showing literally anything that can be shown.

Please have a look. It looks like a bug to me.

Thanks

Nirajan

In the last few days,precisely since the start of November,the most recent jobs in my account is filled with irrelevant jobs from multiple fields which are not mentioned in my skills.I don't have Java anywhere in my profile yet I am getting jobs related to Java.My skills include mostly cloud and devops and earlier I used to get jobs related to that only in the most recent section but now I am getting Web Development and Java related jobs also which is not my speciality

Hi,

For the last 3 weeks, since "My Feed" section is created by Upwork, I am getting most of the time, irrelevant jobs in my feed. e.g., my job feed is always full of Data Scraping jobs whereas I haven't mentioned Scraping anywhere in my profile.

Also, the no. of relevant jobs is also very less compared to earlier I was getting in my feed. Please suggest some way. These new experiments by Upwork are costing too much to freelancers.

Regards,

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

The jobs showing on "My Feed" are based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched.

However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. Since categories are broad ( ie: Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not exactly relevant to what you want to see (but in a way related such as programming, you may also see jobs related to designs or animation which are not the same but can be related).

I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

~ AJ
Upwork

But why it is showing Data Scrapping jobs whereas I havn't saved Scraping in my saved search option?

exinox
Community Member

Hi  Team,

Hope you are doing well.

I am facing error with my feed i can't see my relavant job feed in my feed i did tried lots of times but i can't fix the issues can you please help me on that?

Thanks

ArjayM

Hi Muhammad Shahbaz and Valued Members,

We appreciate you reaching out and reporting these errors. I have escalated your reports to the appropriate team and they are looking into this and working to address the issue that's causing them. We'll keep this thread updated with more information. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhanmmad, Amir, and Dr. Ayuba, 

We looked into this further and can see that you are yet to add a saved search to your job feed. Note that the jobs on "My Feed" are based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched. However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories.

Since categories are broad (i.e., Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not strictly relevant to what you want to see (but in a way related, such as programming, you may also see jobs related to designs or animation which are not the same but can be related). I suggest you start manually searching and saving projects from time to time to help build your "My Feed." However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

~ Avery
Upwork
e93cc119
Community Member

Hi, I'm a software engineer. I search for some keywork related to my work like java, html, css, frontend development, ... But in Most Recent tab shows many jobs that are not related to my work. Can someone help me? Thanks!

votonkel
Community Member

Hi. I usually get jobs here by using the most recent tab and everything has been fine until today. I didn't touch anything and I just suddenly started seeing tons of irrelvant jobs to my skills. I have done everything I have seen on this forum but none seems to work. Please help me. Thanks

I come across the same situation starting from yesterday... when i saw your post, i started to think that Upwork might change the rule of " most recent job " without upfront notice. i need the help as well and really want to go back to what it worked in the past. 

Hi

I have a pressing complaint that I want to resolve as fast as possible.

I have made this complaint yesterday to the Upwork support e-mail, but nothing was really done about it. And it is very important.

Although when I click on the "My Feed" tab, it is showing related job postings. However, whenever I click on the "Most Recent" tab, it is not showing related job postings. I am a writer and I need the "Most Recent" tab to be showing jobs related to my skills.

Hello Ayomide. I don't know what iz going on upwork

1959894e_1-1668433570231.png

I have raised a support ticket but it appears the issue is not being looked into. For the past 24 hours, I have been really unable to apply for jobs because the "Most Recent" tab is not showing jobs related to my skills. I need this issue to be resolved ASAP.

I really don't like the slow pace at which Upwork responds to concerns.

Hi Victor,

I checked and can confirm that our team is aware of this issue and working on fixing it as soon as possible. We'll share an update here as soon as we know more information.

~Andrea
Upwork
votonkel
Community Member

Please kindly let us know if this will be fixed or it's here to stay so everyone can adjust quickly. But honestly, it's a big minus to upwork if it's permanent. Thanks.

Hello Upwork community‚

My profile is getting jobs but they are old like 2 hours ago, 5 hours ago and 9 days ago.... I don't see any new jobs on my profile. I have saved some search but old jobs are coming up. "Most Recent" has the same situation. I have this issue on PC but upwork app on my mobile is fine.

Please help me 😔

Hi Nahid,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep for your message. But the problem still exists. I have cleared my browser's cookies and cache as you said‚ and I've also tried with another browser but the issue is not solved. Actually the problem is that all the jobs coming in my profile are new i saw them from upwork app on my mobile, but on my pc the jobs are showing very old like 1 hour ago, 17 days ago.....

Hi Nahid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep

The problem now solved. 🙂

Hi Pradeep‚ Thank you so much. The issue now solved.

Happy to hear that the issue is resolved now, Nahid. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I have noticed that my job feed is not updating. I have been seeing the same jobs for a few days. I have refreshed my saved searches, but this has not solved my problem. Can someone please help?  

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
02c9c828
Community Member

My feed in most relevant shows old jobs either hired or clients gone away. In the "most recent" section it shows irrelevant job posts. My category is virtual assisstance and ecommerce management I get recommends of the PHP and Power BI jobs.

mr1996
Community Member

Hello Abdul L,

Good day and thanks for waiting. 

As per our technical, we see too many saved searches from your account.

Kindly try the following steps to resolve your issue. 

1. Delete all your current Saved Searches: https://url.upwork.com/_01eSbQP5ESQP1ewbbfe2iR1jTfdZH-vHwK and https://url.upwork.com/_01eSbQP5ESQP1YG7RNbnLEuInvk7_ffxdN
2. Log off from his Upwork Profile.
3. Close all opened browsers
4. Open a single instance of your default browser with no tabs.
5. Copy: https://Upwork.com/clearcookies
6. Paste it into the Address Bar of the browser and press Enter.
7. On the appearing prompt, click “Yes, Clear Cookies”
8. Once done, close the browser, and shut down your device.
9. Give your device at least 5 minutes before powering it back on. Once the system is back up, open a browser and sign in to your Upwork account.
10. Run a Search for Jobs using a definitive keyword, applying filters that are most appropriate to his preference - the Save this Search.
11. It will be most advisable that you limit your Saved Searches to at most 5 keywords for a more accurate feed.

Note: 

When using two words or more keywords - best to enclose them in quotations: “VFX Cleanup”

This will only show results that have the two words put together.

Without the quotations - the results will show all Job Post that has the words VFX and Cleanup separately.

View the solution in the original post

I am noticing irrelevant job posts since last week. So, I tried to update the categories. But I am facing a small issue: the categories are not getting saved even though I am selecting and saving. Please fix this ASAP. See the picture below

freelancermoinul_0-1668684051484.png

Hi Moinul,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing the Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser to check if you can save the Categories. Also, you can try searching your skills and adding them as Saved searches to your job feed. You can refer to this help page for more information. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
votonkel
Community Member

Please whoever touched anything in the upwork algorithm should please press Ctrl + Z and return everything to how it was before. I actually left another freelancing platform and came to upwork and the fact that the most recent projects were actually showing projects related to my skillset kept me here and now the only that made me love upwork is being taken away!!! SAD!!!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that our engineers have released a fix and this issue should be resolved. Please, consider refreshing your browser or clearing cache and cookies to make sure the fix is reflected. If the issue persists after that, please let us know here or submit a report directly with our support team by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. 

Thank you for your reports and patience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths