🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't download desktop app
Page options
35a4c6d8
Community Member

Re: Can't download desktop app

Hi Upwork Community,

Just so you know, I am unable to download desktop app, when I go to the download page, the dropdown only says "select a version to download" but there are no other options to choose from.

At the lower part of the page there are 3 links; Windows, Mac and Linux, when I select windows, it scrolls up to the dropdown box with a "Download" button beside it.

When I try to select "Select a version to download" and click "Download", it send me to the next page which says:

Looking for something?
We can’t find this page, but we can help you find new opportunities.
Here are some places to start:

I tried clearing cache and changing browser but still doesnt work. Intially tracker was not working i just cleared the cache and now this happened.

can you help me on this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared this information with our engineers and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. 

As a workaround, you can download desired Desktop App version by selecting the version directly in the drop-down menu. Once it is selected you will have the option to download Desktop App. Here is a screenshot for reference

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
517af7af
Community Member

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. I tried a completely different browser, same exact issue as Levi S above.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron, 

Could you please share the browsers you were using when this happened? Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and making sure that your browser is up-to-date? 

~ Avery
Upwork
517af7af
Community Member

Chrome and Safari, latest versions on macOS Ventura 13.2. I also tried Chrome's incognito mode (no cookies, no cache) with the same result. Different IP addresses as well, at home, at a coffee shop, VPN / no VPN, same result. The version download dropdown is empty. Clicking the download button goes to a 404 not found page.

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
517af7af
Community Member

Thanks, they sent me the direct download link. Curious why it has to be so secretive though?

70e9bc39
Community Member

I am having the same issue as Aaron. How else can I download the app?

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience along with a screenshot from your end so that we can check and assist you further? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
70e9bc39
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I'm having the exact same issues that Aaron had above.

This is his comment:

"Chrome and Safari, latest versions on macOS Ventura 13.2. I also tried Chrome's incognito mode (no cookies, no cache) with the same result. Different IP addresses as well, at home, at a coffee shop, VPN / no VPN, same result. The version download dropdown is empty. Clicking the download button goes to a 404 not found page."

He was sent a direct download link and I hope for the same. I need this application to do my work.

thank you

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared this information with our engineers and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. 

As a workaround, you can download desired Desktop App version by selecting the version directly in the drop-down menu. Once it is selected you will have the option to download Desktop App. Here is a screenshot for reference

~ Nikola
Upwork
759e32fa

Hi Mubashar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie,

I am having the exact same issue as Mubashsar Z. Could I please get a support ticket as well? I need to download the app or upwork wont pay me.

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are experiencing difficulties downloading the Upwork desktop app. You may try and troubleshoot on your end by following these instructions.

1. I suggest that you disable VPN if you have one. 
  2. Check firewall and network settings to ensure that they are not blocking the download.
  3. Download from a different device such as a smartphone or another computer.
  4. Use a wired connection by connecting directly to a modem or router using an ethernet cable.
  5. Try to use a different Internet Network.

If you have done all these troubleshooting tips and are still unable to download it, please let us know and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa68fd95
Community Member
ha198000
Community Member

I have the same issue and no dropdown list appears.

Hi Heba,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same problem no download bar appears

031eac88_0-1691855986373.png

Hi Omar,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading the Desktop App. Our engineers are aware of this issue and it's currently being worked on. Can you please follow the steps listed here as a workaround? We appreciate your patience!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
suzant1234
Community Member

I have the same issue. And there is nothing to select. How do we log time and get paid if we can't access this. 

suzant1234_0-1687362616177.png

How are we supposed to make money for you if we cant download the tacker to work? 

suzant1234_0-1687534039922.png

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here

~Andrea
Upwork

The only thing sent to me was the link to dowload it but I am still experiecing the same issue. 

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out. Please don't hesitate to update your support ticket should you have further questions or concerns as you're already in contact with the correct team.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths