🐈
» Forums » Support » Reporting a Fraud Freelancer didn't complete ...
Page options
6ce8310e
Community Member

Reporting a Fraud Freelancer didn't complete my work Fixed Money & take away UPWORK Help needed

Hello Upwork Team and other community member please can you help me to get the Refund from the Fraud Freelancer . How to raise Disputes so Upwork can Manage to recover the money from this Fraud Person . This is the Free Lancer profile

Muhammad Arslan. He promised that he will recover my Crypto back which was Hacked . Initially he ask me $150 to pay him out of Upwork to buy Software . Then I pressed him I wish to work from upwork, after that he said I need to open Milestone for this Fixed Price work and Fund then release it from Escrow . I followed it on but that 1st Contract is due 6th Jan 2024 . Then the 2nd Milestone he said to Fund $150 yesterday . Then he will Deliver the Final Project . After Payment is Released . He start playing games . That he have 2nd Upwork account where he is storing all the data for work . Though it heard very Wiered that my Crypto Key and other stuff why he will store to 2nd Upwork account . Upwork is not any Storage Place . Then he Claimed his 2nd Upwork account is Locked and he is not able to provide the Crypto back now . He need time. Then it starting to feel to me that he Scam me . I later asked many expert for Crypto . This is impossible to return back . He was knowing from the begnning . He simply saw the Opportunity and Scam me . Then I try to seek help from all Upwork support things and Chat tool helped a bit . But that seems complete wrong guidance what Chat Bot provided . I highly suggest Upwork to follow more Clients Friendly Contact methods . Like email , service request opening tool & , easy to navigate raise disputes . So now I ended the Contract and Request Refund from him . Not sure will he really gonna refund me . This is very bad with Upwork they pay the money to Freelancer immediately . In Fiverr they keep hold of 7 days this Fund . This is much more secured for the Clients . Now I am not sure how to get my money back . This is lots of money to me $300 . Please anybody help me how to Escalate this matter to get this money refund from this Scam Freelancer .

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Partha,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with the freelancer. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6ce8310e
Community Member

Hope upwork help me to recover my loss with this Fraud activity . It is Extremely risky to work in Upwork . It creating in my mind Panic to work any more with upwork .

6ce8310e
Community Member

Also my ernest suggestion to Upwork, instead of bot try to prepare option for raising disputes or immediately creating ticket if such incident happen . As time is Valuable in such kind of situation . Going through Community is not at all quick and easy . It took me one day to find the Community section .Your phone don't work from other countries due to time Zone difference .

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths