🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Scanned PDF resume issue
Page options

Scanned PDF resume issue

Some users may experience errors with uploading a document resume. Please know that we do not currently support scanned PDF documents.

Screenshot of error: 

egaruth_0-1680807729674.png

Could you please try uploading a file that is not a scanned PDF file?

85 Comments
f6754037
Community Member

Hi, my pdf. resume will not upload on Upwork and I get an error message which reads-

Can't parse the document (likely a scan), please try another one

ArjayM

Hi Jesse,

Can you please let me know which part of your profile are you trying to upload this file to? If you can send a screenshot of the error message so that I can take a closer look that would be extremely helpful. We look forward to your response.

f6754037
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

This when I try to sign up for my account, attached are screenshots of the error.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 4.39.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-15 at 4.39.45 PM.png

JoanneP

Thanks for sharing this screenshot with us, Jesse.

Could you please try uploading file that is not a scanned PDF file? Unfortunately, we do not currently support scanned PDF documents.

If you're uploading a PDF document that is not a scan, could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Did it give you the same error?

f6754037
Community Member

yes, I have tried that and tried using other browsers.

PradeepH

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

74d3dc08
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having the same issue also. I already tried clearing my cache and cookies but keep getting the same error.

759e32fa

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

f3c2719b
Community Member

Hi, Annie. I ama lso having the same issue.

It first hapenned on my cellphone. So I tried to use a computer and had the same message. It will not let me upload a .pdf document.

AndreaG

Hi Gabriel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.