🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Scanned PDF resume issue
Page options

Scanned PDF resume issue

Some users may experience errors with uploading a document resume. Please know that we do not currently support scanned PDF documents.

Screenshot of error: 

egaruth_0-1680807729674.png

Could you please try uploading a file that is not a scanned PDF file?

85 Comments
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Jesse, attach PDF resume to job postings only if needed. I would not attach to your Upwork profile - no advantage. Thanks!

PradeepH

Hi Ravindra,

Thank you for your message. It looks like we are unable to parse your document. Could you please try uploading your resume using a different format?

Thank you,

Pradeep

672bd387
Community Member

Hello, 

I keep having the same issue as well. No matter what format i try, i keep getting the same error.

759e32fa

Hi Mubarrah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

071567cf
Community Member

Screenshot_20230119_024017_Freelancer - Upwork.jpg

ArjayM

Hi Prisha,

Could you please confirm that the file you're uploading is not a scanned file? If it isn't, could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

Please also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

8e505159
Community Member

Hi Joanne, I'm also getting the same error when i try to upload a pdf version of resume. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karl, 

Could you please clarify if you are uploading a scanned document? 

8e505159
Community Member

Hi Avery,

No, I am not uploading a scanned document. I am uploading a pdf version of my resume.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karl Dominic, 

Just to clarify, we do not currently support scanned documents that were converted to PDF. If you're uploading a PDF file that is not a scan of an actual document, could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser?