🐈
» Forums » Support » Shows charge failed on my card as well as my ...
Page options
3be978da
Community Member

Shows charge failed on my card as well as my PayPal account

I'm trying to fund the escrow for a freelancer I want to hire. Please let me know if there's some issue with my card.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hello Harsh,

Thank you for your message. Please contact your card issuing bank to check the available limit and if the international transactions are enabled on your card. If you are trying to pay via Paypal, please try again using a different payment method on your Paypal wallent.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks, I will try to contact my bank.

Hi Pradeep. My bank isn't very helpful; they aren't able to help me with the somewhat non-specific message that Upwork gives:

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.
Charge failed.

I reached out to PayPal and they said I need to do an eMandate (Indian govt policy) for Upwork, which is weird since eMandate is only for recurring payments and I am only going to pay for this job once.

I have an ICICI Debit card, Visa supported with enough funds and international transactions enabled, limits enough to cover the contract. I would prefer to do it directly through my Visa card, if that would be possible.

My bank has been a little slow to reply too, so this particular freelancer has been waiting for my response for the past 3+ weeks. If an eMandate is required, they said I'll need to do it through NEFT, which will require the Payee's name and IFSC code. I don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary though. Please let me know if you can help me in more specifically identifying and addressing the problem.

Hi Harsh, 

Thank you for following up and sharing additional information. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths