🐈
» Forums » Support » Standing Instruction
Page options
7b256f44
Community Member

Standing Instruction

I can't make payment due to RBI standing instruction rule changes.

I am from India. How to solve this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Naveen, 

You may read more about it here. If you continue to have issues, please check with the bank that issued your card. We, unfortunately, don’t know what options may be available for you. Please visit the Reserve Bank of India’s website for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sherin, 

I checked your account, and it looks like the bank declined the charge. Please contact your card-issuing bank so that they can assist you further with your concern. 

In the meantime, feel free to add a different billing method so that you can use it on your Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7b256f44
Community Member

The reply is not sufficient.

You need to arrange something to overcome RBI (central bank of India) regulation.

My service provider asking for the payment. I couldn't do it due to this error.

Please do the needful 

Regards

Sherin Mathew

Hi Sherin,

Did you find a solution to this RBI mandate issue?

I am completely stuck in making payments for the last couiple of weeks. Now the problem has grown. I am not able to make payment at all.. Checked with all the concerned Banks, they are saying it is from the Merchant's end i.e. Upwork as Upwork is not processing these payment as per the new RBI (Central Bank of India) guidelines regarding e-mandate.. Even payments on Upwork via Paypal are not getting through.. Please do it otherwise we may not be able to hire freelancers and even pay the amounts that we owe to them for their past work.  This issue has to be taken at a higher level at Upwork for an early resolution.

Hi Naveen,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. I see that one of our agents already followed up with you on your ticket. If you have any further questions please feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

It is behaving very strangely. 9 out of 10 transactions are getting declined. I have cards issued by multiple banks, and very strangely one works and then doesn't work. Things have to be fixed at Upwork payment system..

manishdna
Community Member

Hi Guys,
As a client, I would need to know how can I avoid getting messages about the card payment failure for the hourly payment to my freelancer - it was working fine before the 1st Oct, however, now in India, we have got a new rule from the govt. that our bank cannot make any payment as a standing instruction, is there any wallet which we can update every week. Otherwise, Upwork system cannot make an automatic payment from my credit card.

Thanks

Hi Manish,

Please check this help article for more information about this recent update. We suggest you communicate directly with your card issuing bank to see what possible solutions they may have available for you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

So every time, I will get a notification from Upwork of my card failure?
Also, now upwork system is not letting me process the payment. Can you
help, please?

[image: image.png]

Hi Manish,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I've checked with my bank and everything is working fine at their end, even I made a few other payments as well on other platform using my credit card and debit card but Upwork is not allowing me to do that. However, last week, when I faced a similar issue, at that time, Upwork did allow me to pay the freelancer manually option using the same credit card.

Thanks

Hi Manish,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, thanks for getting back to me.

I am OK to wait, however, I don't want to get my upwork client account get suspended due to this. Because everything is OK from my end (myself + bank)

Thanks

Hi Manish,

Did you find any solution to this issue?

Hi Naveen, 

You may read more about it here. If you continue to have issues, please check with the bank that issued your card. We, unfortunately, don’t know what options may be available for you. Please visit the Reserve Bank of India’s website for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork
agile8
Community Member

Hi,

Since Upwork is validating the card by USD 0.00 amount transaction which is being rejected by Banks due to new mandates.

If Upwork somehow ask for a real payment against something and provide a place to users to opt option to save their cards then this problem will be solved actually.

Client from India are really not able to use their cards to pay Upwork freelancers. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths