🐈
» Forums » Support » TDS Form Indian
Page options
shriyap
Community Member

TDS Form Indian

Form 16A (TDS Certificate) for filing Indian Taxes

Hi,

I am an Indian freelancer and need the Form 16 A which under Indian law details the TDS deducted by an employer and can then be used to get remittances from tax authorities and for tax filing in general. How can I get this form from Upwork? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

How to get Form 16A from upwork for tax deducted at source for filing taxes under Indian Taxation System?

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Shriya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
samrat3
Community Member

Hello Arjay, could you please let us know when we can expect to receive  Form 16A certificate for TDS for the period 1 January 2022 to 31 March 2022 of the financial year ended 31 March 2022?

Hi Samrat,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
rudra_t
Community Member

Hey Samrat C, so Upwork doesn't provide Form 16A to Indian freelancers. But if you have submitted your tax id (pan card) on Upwork, then Upwork provides your quarterly TDS(Q1 - April - June, Q2 - July - September, Q3 - October - December, Q4 - January - March) to the income tax department( the last date for Upwork to provide the TDS details are one month after the quarter end + 7 days are taken by Income Tax department to process it) and the income tax department process the TDS and related details. And updates your Form 26as which you can download from traces website(a quick google search should help) which you can use to submit your income tax return filling. You should do a quick google search about ITR for freelancers working on Upwork to get yourself informed and then consult a Charted Accountant for filing ITR. 

rudra_t
Community Member

Hey Shriya P, so Upwork doesn't provide Form 16A to Indian freelancers. But if you have submitted your tax id (pan card) on Upwork, then Upwork provides your quarterly TDS(Q1 - April - June, Q2 - July - September, Q3 - October - December, Q4 - January - March) to the income tax department( the last date for Upwork to provide the TDS details are one month after the quarter end + 7 days are taken by Income Tax department to process it) and the income tax department process the TDS and related details. And updates your Form 26as which you can download from traces website(a quick google search should help) which you can use to submit your income tax return filling. You should do a quick google search about ITR for freelancers working on Upwork to get yourself informed and then consult a Charted Accountant for filing ITR. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths