🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sassy_programmer
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,637 REPLIES 1,637

Hi,
I still can't get paid. This was my 3rd try. I added new information again, can you please confirm? And also, can you examine and inform me why I can't get paid to my transferWise account?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Soner,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

The team to which you assign my payment information will review, approve and inform. Did I get right?

Hi Soner,

Yes. I would like to clarify that your name mismatch is now approved. Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
dac01946
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for the support. I tried a new withdrawal. Let's see if it will be successful this time. 😞 I couldn't understand why it failed every time. 😞

Hi,

This time the withdrawal was successful. I wanted to give information. Thank you. 🙂 

g-matthew
Community Member

Hi.My self,  K MATTHEW. And I have added my payment method. direct bank account.  it's showing that The beneficiary name is mismatched. can you please help out with this issue? My Financial Account Name is Showing Matthew G. The name is showing in my Upwork account, Matthew K. As per My Documents, My Name is  K MATTHEW. I already complete my identity verification. I am adding that screenshot here. I sent mail to the support team but I have not gotten any reply from them. its already 7 days over. Please I am asking you. help out with this issue and fix my beneficiary name is mismatched. If needed I will provide my ID proofs again and also I will verify my ID verification again. Please team help me. Best RegardsK MATTHEW. 

3202130c
Community Member

Hello,

We are an organisation registered as agency and we want to add withdrawal method as wire transfer, we have an organisation bank account, the platform says that account (profile) name and bank account holder name should match, and its issue, so how can we add the withdrawal method for organisation?

To add a wire transfer withdrawal method for your organization on a platform that requires the account (profile) name and bank account holder name to match, you will need to take the following steps:

1.  Check with your bank: Contact your bank to ensure that you can receive wire transfers in the name of your organization. If your bank allows it, you can proceed with adding the withdrawal method.

2.  Update your account information: Update your account information on the platform to include the name of your organization as the account (profile) name and the name of the authorized signatory or account holder of the organization as the bank account holder name. This ensures that the names match, and the withdrawal method can be added without issues.

3.  Provide documentation: The platform may require documentation to verify your organization and bank account information. You may need to provide a copy of your organization's registration certificate, tax identification number, and/or bank statement to verify the details.

4. Test the withdrawal method: Once the withdrawal method is added, test it to ensure that funds are successfully transferred to your organization's bank account.

It's important to ensure that you comply with any legal or regulatory requirements related to wire transfers, including any reporting or disclosure requirements.

Thanks, we dont want to create an account of our general director, who is the holder of organisation and bank account holder, but we can Provide documentation: The platform may require documentation to verify your organization and bank account information. You may need to provide a copy of your organization's registration certificate, tax identification number, and/or bank statement to verify the details.

how we can do this with my account?

You can provide the required documentation for verification to the platform using your own account. This will ensure that the platform has the necessary information to verify your organization and bank account, and will allow you to add the wire transfer withdrawal method without any issues. Just make sure that the documentation provided clearly shows your organization's registration certificate, tax identification number, and/or bank statement. Once the verification process is complete, you should be able to add the wire transfer withdrawal method to your account and receive funds directly to your organization's bank account.

Thanks, can you please advice how can I iniciate the verification process? I didnt find that on platform

Hi Mamuka,

You can add the payment method on the account and our team will reach out to you if they need more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

I have added wire transfer method and I received this mail, but I dont have the option to upload the company documents for verification. please help to solve this issue.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mamuka,

Thank you for your message. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly on the same notification if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Sure, to initiate the verification process on the platform, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to your account settings or profile settings.
  2. Look for a section related to identity verification or account verification.
  3. Follow the instructions provided to complete the verification process.
  4. If you don't see any option for verification in your account settings, you can contact the platform's customer support for assistance with the verification process.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello,

There is no verification section in the profile. How can I contact the support team? do you have an Email?

Thanks

Hi Mamuka,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I'm Nur.

I entered my card information to transfer the money in my account to my card via IBAN (direct bank transfer) but my UpWork name and my card name do not match due to non-English characters in my name.

In addition, the card information section does not accept the letter "ı" and the letter "ç" of my original surname.

Hence, "Payment method verification in progress"
Your payment method has been disabled because the recipient name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

"The beneficiary name is mismatched. "

system gives this error.

Please help me on this.

Please help me brother 

c3137e71
Community Member

Hello! It says that my payment method is not verified since the name does not match. However, this is incorrect because my last name is "Magalhães" which is something that I am unable to type when I set my withdraw configurations. It does not allow me to put the "~" above the "a" and so it says the name does not match. I would like to know how to proceed next.

Thanks!

quantifyagency
Community Member

Hello, good day. I have a problem with the payment platform.

I have had a payment method added for years through which I have been receiving my money, but recently I have wanted to add other methods and I get the same message that I am attaching as an image.

I have tried adding 3 different accounts from different banks and also adding my PayPal account, but I always get the same error, so I think it is already a problem with the platform itself.

Could someone please help me solve it? Thank you!

Hi Jose,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
999c24fd
Community Member

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated and it said "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." the problem is that I use the same name on the Upwork and bank account.  So, Could tell me what the problem is? 

Thank you 

Check the spelling of the name verily on both sides. Maybe there might be a word mismatch

Gabriel K. Amartey

Hi Daniel,

I've checked and it looks like you removed the payment method for the account you need assistance with. Could you please re-add your preferred payment method again so that the team can further review it? In the meantime, you may want to check this help article for more details and options on how to get paid.

~ Arjay
Upwork
999c24fd
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

I re-add my preferred payment method. So, can you check it. I attached screenshot. 

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Daniel,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

~ AJ
Upwork

Ok😄

5deffaea
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

I changed name to match and still didnt resolve the issue, and I cant fix it if someone can help please.

Hi Mostafa,

I've reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
9fb17981
Community Member

Hi, I have issue with beneficiary name mismatch. I already sent messages multiples its alreay been a week and still no response. Can someone please help me? 😔

It can be frustrating to not receive a response from Upwork support. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

1. Double-check the beneficiary name: Make sure that the beneficiary name you entered matches the name on the bank account. This is important because even a small typo can cause issues.

2. Try reaching out to Upwork support again: You mentioned that you've already sent multiple messages to Upwork support. I would recommend sending another message explaining the situation in detail and asking for assistance.

3. Try a different contact method: If you've been sending messages through Upwork's support system, you can try a different contact method such as their Twitter account (@UpworkHelp) or their Facebook page. Be sure to include your Upwork account information and a clear description of the issue.

4. Contact your bank: Contact your bank and explain the situation to them. They may be able to provide you with more information or offer suggestions on how to resolve the issue.

5. Be patient: It can take some time for Upwork support to respond to messages, especially if they are dealing with a high volume of inquiries. Try to be patient and continue following up until the issue is resolved.

6. Creat a ticket with Upwork support and tell them your issue in details, I'm sure they'll responed you in 48 to 72 huors.            I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with the beneficiary name mismatch. If you continue to have trouble, please let me know and I will do my best to assist you further.

Hi Hazel,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I can see that you've been in contact with the team about your case and they confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Your new payment method has been activated so you can now conveniently withdraw your earnings at any time. You may check your tickets here or in your email to validate the changes taken to your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
622e3377
Community Member

Hello,
I have just added my deopist method and found out that my verified name not matched. So when i checked my verified name there was one alphabet (r) is missing in my verified name.
It's
Khize Rafique
Instead of
Khizer Rafique
May you help me changing it?
Thank you!

Hi Khizer,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
622e3377
Community Member

Hi Luiggi R, 

It's been more then 48 hours since since they send my proplem to the verification team and still no response from them. Due to the speeleing mismatched my deposit method is still unactive. Can you help me solve the problem ASAP.

-Khizer Rafique

SURE KHIZER RAFIQUE, SEND THEM A PICTURE OF UR PROFILE AND WRITE UR NAME BELOW IT. UR WELCOME

i have already provided them my ID but still i didn't get any response yet.

622e3377
Community Member

Hi there

Its been 7 days since i have raised my ticket about verified name misspelled and still it's not solved. My name on statment of earning and  contracts are still showing as (Khize Rafique) with an alphabet (r) missing it should be (Khizer Rafique). Can you make this process fast as i can see most of the people problem are solved in 72 hours but in my case it's been 7 days now.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths