🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: "The beneficiary name is mismatched." err...
Page options
sassy_programmer
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

My name on Upwork and Paypal account are same as "Hamza Jamshed" but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,653 REPLIES 1,653

Hi Jessica Cristina,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. We reviewed your case and it looks like you made changes to your account which causes the name mismatch error message. The review team was able to clear the name mismatch. 

However, it looks like you still need to complete your Tax Information. To complete the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E, you’ll need to complete three cards in the Tax Information section of your settings. Feel free to check this help article for more information and detailed instructions on completing the form.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3590b741
Community Member

Hello Upwork community

I recently created an agency, and when I added the bank account, I encountered the same issue I had with my freelancer profile: a beneficiary name mismatch. However, I submitted a request from my personal account to customer support a year ago, and it was resolved then.

My name on Upwork is Farukh Faurkh. However, my bank account lists my name as Farukh. I believe this discrepancy is causing the mismatch.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?

Best regards,

Farukh

Hi Farukh,

I checked your account but did not see the error you mentioned. It seems like you've requested for your name to be updated, and it has been approved already. Could you please try checking again? If you encounter the same issue, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am extremely distressed as I have been making every possible effort to add an account to receive my funds on Upwork, but it is not accepting it, stating there are discrepancies in the name between my bank account and Upwork. My name is Jéssica, and the platform does not allow the inclusion of accents, leaving only "Jessica." My account is already verified, and I have submitted my identification documents, yet I am unsure of the issue. I would appreciate a solution as soon as possible.

Hi Annie 

I have the same issue. My name on Upwork and Wise account are the same but still upwork is saying, "The beneficiary name is mismatched." I can't withdrawal my money. Can you help me please?

Hi Ivana,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered this issue. I've shared your concern with the team on our end and can confirm you should no longer see this error. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
427a6730
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem at the moment. Can you offer me this help? Thanks. 

Hi Gong,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. The relevant team sent you an email to the email address associated with your account. Please refer to it for more information on how to proceed. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, I have the same issue.

My name on Upwork and Paypal is "Sara Zaky" but I get (The beneficiary name is mismatched) message from upwork.Can you please help. Thanks.

Hi Sara,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method will be active in three days. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
427a6730
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem at the moment. Can you offer me this help? Thanks. 

Hi Annie, I have the same issue too, the name on my bank account is the same as the name on my account profile, but Upwork keeps saying the beneficiary name is mismatched, please help look into this.

Hi Annie,

I am having the same problem with a name mismatch. Initially, I had only my first name and last name, but my bank account had my first name, middle name, and my two last names. I changed my official profile to include both my first and middle names as well as my two last names, but I am still getting the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" error. I have waited more than four business days, and there has been no solution. I would be grateful if you could help me.

Hi Cristopher,

Thank you for sharing these details. I can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end, as the name mismatch on your payment method has been cleared. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
36e4bdb9
Community Member

Hi
I have changed my nick name to my legal name on contact info settings to make it the same with My financial payment method name, but still it's saying "
beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." NB. my name on certificate of earning is correct
But i can't withdraw,  i need help
thanks luiggi for your curiosity in helping many freelancers issues

Hi Yonatan,

I've received confirmation from our verification team that your name has already been approved. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
36e4bdb9
Community Member

my issue has resolved, thank you so much for the fast response!

Hello there,

I am a freelancer working under this your platform but I have a problem with related to my payment adding method and that is, My upwork name isn't matched with my bank account name because I had an abbreviation name to my last name. But I did an update to my last name under the "contact info" but that did not help me and remained inactive. I need help to active my payment method !
Thanks.

Hi Peniel,

I checked, and your payment method's beneficiary name is no longer mismatched. You only need to complete your Tax Information to activate your payment methods.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1a59a4b9
Community Member

Hello Luiggi, I am having kind of the same issue, i want to add my method of payment but isnt working, saying that my name mismatches de name in the upworks profile, i changed but its the same. Thank your for your time,

Carlos Souza

Hi Carlos,

Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, they should reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

~ Nikola
Upwork
minjukoo
Community Member

Hello Nikola, I am having the same issue, I have added method of payment but keep saying that my name mismatches. But they are the same on the profile and bank details. 

How can I solve this?
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Hi Minju,

Thank you for your message. I have been in touch with the team responsible for your account and I have some good news for you. Your payment method has been approved and it will be activated in 3 days. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep! 
Thank you so much for the prompt reply and solving the issue! I really appreciate it 🙂 

Have a great day!

Hi 

My verified name is too big for the Account holder name input field
I'm getting the "the beneficiary name is mismatched" error, so when I enter my verified name it doesn't all fit in the iput field and then the error occurs

Hi Bernardo,

I see that you were able to reach out to our support team and raise a ticket about your account concerns. Please allow our team 24-48 hours and you will get an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

I'm having the same problem with the name mismatch, however I can't tell where the problem lies. No one bothered to contact me about this and I only found out by chance. My profile name does not include my middle name, but there is nowhere to add it. And my certificate of earnings HAS my middle name included, but without a space between my first and last names. Could this be the problem? I submitted a ticket but now I can't find any evidence of the ticket's existence. It is not there when I look at the requests page. I just want to know if this issue is even being noticed by Upwork. Since no one contacted me, and the support ticket vanished (as far as I can tell), can you tell me if this is something actively being addressed? I've tried adding every payment method I can but get the same message every time. The only help is a link to a general FAQ page. Please help. Thank you so much. 

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will update your account as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Hi,

i am also having the same issue. I updated my name under " contact info" to make sure it matches the name on my bank account information and itkeeps saying payment is deactivated and " mismatch beneficiary name". I've verified my ID and completed thevisual verification process not sure what else I can do. Can someone please assist me?

Hi Nhora,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform your payment method has been accepted now. Please allow 3 days for the payment method to activate. Meanwhile, please complete the Tax Information page to activate your withdrawal. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
dac01946
Community Member

Hi,

I added my WISE account via "Direct to U.S. Bank (USD)" but "The beneficiary name is mismatched." I got the warning. Although days passed, the situation did not change. I re-added it many times but still got the same error. I am getting this error even though my upwork account name is the same as my bank account name. Can you please support?

Hi Soner,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dac01946
Community Member

Thank you very much for solving my problem so quickly.

Your always welcome sir 

b4d43df7
Community Member

BY THE WAY HAMZA J. A BENIFICIERY .... ISNT THE SOLUTION...TO A B..E..NEFICIARY. JUST ASKING. THANK U TO THE BENIFICIERY SOLUTION LUIGGI. FROM ALL ATLAS' EVERYWHERE, THANK U MR LUIGGI.

df95be80
Community Member

Can you help me please 

Hi Khushal,

Could you provide further details regarding your query?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
03a28e70
Community Member

Hi, I'm Nur.

I entered my card information to transfer the money in my account to my card via IBAN (direct bank transfer) but my UpWork name and my card name do not match due to non-English characters in my name.

In addition, the card information section does not accept the letter "ı" and the letter "ç" of my original surname.

Hence, "Payment method verification in progress"
Your payment method has been disabled because the recipient name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

"The beneficiary name is mismatched. "

system gives this error.

Please help me on this. 

Hi Nur,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted. It will be active from May 8th.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
schlife
Community Member

Hi I'm Anthony, I'm having a issue adding my US bank account, it's showing name mismatch.  Please it's 5 days past now waiting for verification from support yet nothing, It's still showing name mismatch awaiting verification, and my name is the same on bank and Upwork. please help. I'd really appreciate 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths